Marketing Day: CMOs On Twitter, Increasing Conversions For Big Ticket Items & Gravity4 Buys Triggit
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- CMOs On Twitter: What They Share, How They Share It & The People They Retweet Most [Report]
Data analytics firm Neustar offers a comprehensive look at how high-ranking marketing execs are using the social platform.
- Report: Mobile Display Ads Outperformed Search In Delivering New Customer Calls
A fascinating new report from Marchex analyzed 1.8 million calls to compare the performance of different mobile ad channels in driving new sales prospects in the Financial Services and Insurance categories.
- How To Increase Conversions On Big Ticket Items
Contributor Tim Ash explores the finer points of winning buyers’ trust, and eventually their dollars, for high-consideration purchases online.
- Gravity4 Buys Native Retargeting Firm Triggit
Firm will incorporate Triggit’s programmatic retargeting capabilities into its marketing platform.
- Report: Facebook To Turn Messenger Into Its Own Platform
Facebook’s Messenger may be the center of attention as it’s own platform at this year’s F8.
- From Catwalks To Conversions: How Bloggers Become Successful Through Affiliate Marketing
Gone are the days of hopeful but helpless fashion lovers seeking partnerships with and recognition from the major labels. These days, contributor Adam Weiss says, advertisers are pulling out all of the stops.
- FTC Report: Google Purposely Demoted Competing Shopping Sites
Details from an FTC investigation into Google on anti-trust accusations have emerged, suggesting the search giant specifically worked to keep competitors out of its top results.
- Twitter Brings Quick Promote To Android App
Now advertisers can promote tweets with a few taps from a mobile device. An iOS version is said to be in the works.
- Old Navy Introduces Spring Fashions With Tumblr Content And Yahoo Splash Ads
The Gap brand goes all-in with new Yahoo products to promote its spring line.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Accelerate Your Career With Marketing Analytics You Can Use – March 24 Webcast
- Search In Pics: Analytics Cupcake, Google Sand Castle & Solar Eclipse
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership
- Need To Grow Your PPC Account? Look To The Search Queries
- Vernal Equinox Marked With A Google Logo To Welcome The First Day Of Spring
- Leaked 2012 FTC Document Called Google A Monopoly, Recommended Litigation
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Must Have Skills for Data-Driven CMOs, www.cmswire.com
- Attention Metrics: The Future of Measurement in Marketing, www.dmnews.com
- First-Party Data Will Transform The Internet Of Things, adexchanger.com
- How and Why Data Will Save Small Business, smallbiztrends.com
- Marketers Focus on Making Attribution Data Actionable, www.emarketer.com
- Web Analytics 101: Website Tracking for Beginners, AWeber
Blogs & Blogging
- Blogging in the Middle East: How Hazardous is it?, www.blogherald.com
- How To Launch A Successful Business Blog, heidicohen.com
- Major WordPress Exploit Affecting Sites with Shareaholic Social Media Sharing Plugin, www.thesempost.com
- Google Builds a New Tablet for the Fight Against Ebola, Wired
- Sheryl Sandberg and Marc Andreessen Are Sending Women to Boot Camp, www.bloomberg.com
- 10 Habits of Highly Effective B2B Content Marketers, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 10 Trends Shaping the Future of Branded Content, www.adweek.com
- 3 In-House Sources For The Content Ideas You Need, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Content for Leads: How to Create Content That Spreads and Fills the Funnel, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Execute a Practical Editorial Strategy with the ‘Prepare; Don’t Plan’ Philosophy, www.copyblogger.com
- Why Content Marketers Are Learning to Love the Pop-up, contently.com
- Why Relationship Marketing Is the Key to Your Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Direct Your Landing Pages Like a Hollywood Legend, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- A Spark of Inspiration Creates the Foundation for an Innovative Experience, uxmag.com
- Solving Site Navigation Issues with Tree Testing, www.usertesting.com
- Want life-long customers? Design the Customer Experience Through Their Eyes, www.ducttapemarketing.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Google’s VP of Display Advertising Wants a Single Standard for Viewability, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 2 Things that could harm domain names, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon looks like the winner of the .free domain, Internet Retailer
- The most influential person in the domain name industry is…, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon just got permission from the FAA to start testing its delivery drones in the US, www.theverge.com
- Amazon Loses Its General Manager Of Payments Following Wallet Shutdown, techcrunch.com
- March Madness drives sales surge for online ticket resellers, Internet Retailer
- The stalled Alibaba-Snapdeal deal is proof India’s e-commerce valuations are insane, qz.com
- Understanding Our E-Commerce Obsession, www.cmswire.com
- 16 Core Email Marketing Terms: What They Mean & Why They’re Important, Movable Ink
- Advanced Email Personalization Tactics You Can Use Today, blog.crazyegg.com
- Where Do Millennials Want to Talk to Retailers? Email, www.emarketer.com
- Why a Sign up Form Is a No-Brainer for Email List Growth, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- Ad Spend Is In Flux As Advertisers Reshuffle Budgets For Digital, adexchanger.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Yelp ‘Billion Dollar Bully’ documentary, Business Insider
- Amazon “Unlocked” Will Give Away Paid Apps For Free, techcrunch.com
- Apple Watch: The Future of Wearables Begins Now, www.cmswire.com
- Google Releases an Android Auto App, thenextweb.com
- LinkedIn Launches a Dedicated Job Search App for Android, thenextweb.com
- Marketers must understand mobile banking consumers’ lucrative potential: report, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile and the Rise of the Frictionless UK Shopper, www.emarketer.com
- Mobile: Half of traffic, one-third of orders, www.internetretailer.com
- Outbrain vs Taboola; Programmatic Local, adexchanger.com
- Tell Your Story, Anywhere, medium.com
- Three Ways to Make Your Phone Presence a Key Driver in Your Marketing Mix, www.marketingprofs.com
- Twitter Experiments With Carousel Ads, ClickZ
- 5 Twitter and Instagram Lessons From Jimmy, Johnnie, and Jack, simplymeasured.com
- Commemorating International Women’s Day on Twitter, www.twitter.com
- Exclusive: Facebook Engineering Director Is Headed to the White House, www.yahoo.com
- Facebook Looks for Advertising Revenue in Brazilian Favela, www.wsj.com
- Inside LinkedIn’s ‘underpants gnome’ publishing strategy, digiday.com
- Is Meerkat the next big thing in social media?, econsultancy.com
- LinkedIn Ad Campaigns Lack and Here’s 8 Reasons Why, smallbiztrends.com
- March Madness Means Twitter (TWTR) Madness, But Will It Produce New Users?, www.thestreet.com
- Nine years and counting, Twitter Blog
- Planning an Event? Don’t Get Skimpy With Your Social Media, www.marketingprofs.com
- What Does Facebook Have in Store for F8?, www.adweek.com
- How Many Americans Subscribe to Streaming Video Services?, www.marketingprofs.com
- How-to Use YouTube Analytics To Measure Viewer Engagement, www.reelseo.com
- MoPub video ad spend grows 243% in 2014, www.twitter.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.