Marketing Day: Brand/agency partnerships, YouTube TV & new LinkedIn ad offerings
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Timberland & Quaker Oats testing new ad formats from PadSquad to stand out on mobile
Apr 5, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
PadSquad has introduced five new formats including Chatter Bot that brings chatbot technology to mobile ads.
- 6 reasons why building your own customer data asset is a recipe for marketing success
Apr 5, 2017 by Mike Sands
Don’t let an overabundance of tech solutions and partners spoil the broth. Columnist Mike Sands cooks up six questions to ask yourself to ensure you’re in control of your customer data.
- SMX West: Solving SEO Issues in Google’s Post-Update World
Apr 5, 2017 by Mark Traphagen
Now that Google no longer regularly announced algorithm updates, it can be hard to tell when your site’s been hit by one. Luckily, there are steps you can take to determine if you’ve been hit. Contributor Mark Traphagen sums up a session from SMX West on this topic.
- Taking the brand/agency partnership to the next level
Apr 5, 2017 by Laura Scott
Contributor Laura Scott recaps a session from SMX West that focused on how to strengthen the relationship between agencies and brands.
- The problem with obsessive rank tracking
Apr 5, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
Search engine optimization (SEO) is often focused on achieving high rankings in search results pages. But columnist Ryan Shelley explains why this mindset may steer us wrong.
- 3 ways to boost your content marketing program’s performance
Apr 5, 2017 by Rachel Lindteigen
Columnist Rachel Lindteigen shares three strategies to help you get a leg up on the competition and push your content marketing program to the next level.
- YouTube TV premieres today in five markets, including LA, NY, SF
Apr 5, 2017 by Tim Peterson
New TV service now available for a free trial, will add six AMC Networks channels to its lineup soon.
- IAS on the ad industry’s brand safety uproar: ‘Not sure this is going away this time’
Apr 5, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Integral Ad Science CMO Maria Pousa talks brand safety, ad fraud and using time exposure to evaluate digital media buys.
- Hootsuite’s recent buying spree may only be a warm-up
Apr 5, 2017 by Barry Levine
It’s not difficult to envision social media management platforms as the core applications for the next gen of communications.
- Salesforce’s Einstein adds velocity to its Sales Cloud
Apr 5, 2017 by Barry Levine
The CRM-based company boosts features to help salespeople close deals — including on-board predictive scoring.
- The Brand Safety Industrial Complex: Does anyone benefit from making things safer?
Apr 5, 2017 by Rob Rasko
What is the “Brand Safety Industrial Complex,” and what challenges lie ahead for digital advertising? Columnist Rob Rasko takes a look at the history of brand safety, lessons learned, and how we can move toward a solution.
- Yelp buys Turnstyle to expand targeting and offline attribution capabilities
Apr 5, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The acquisition greatly enhances what Yelp can offer business owners.
- LinkedIn introduces lead gen ad offerings
Apr 5, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Pilot program with 50 companies led to strong cost-per-lead performance, LinkedIn says.
- Newest perk for Amazon Prime members? NFL football livestreams
Apr 5, 2017 by Matt McGee
Amazon reportedly spends about $50 million to livestream 10 games, five times more than what Twitter paid in 2016.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Blogging Tips From A Social Entrepreneur, Problogger
- 9 Methods for Keeping Your Social Media Content on Brand, Small Biz Trends
- A Surefire Way to Get Constant Traffic to Your Content, Copyblogger
- Constant Content: The Silver Bullet for Failing Content Marketing Strategy, Moz
- Content Marketing Mission Statements: They Don’t Exist and It’s a Big Problem, www.thesaleslion.com
- Fact-Checking for Content Marketers: How to Protect Credibility, Content Marketing Institute
- How to Find Killer Content Ideas, Duct Tape Marketing
- How to Quickly Improve Your B2B Content’s Quality, Pushing Social
- The 5 W’s (and an H) That Guide Your Content Marketing Strategy, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- After the Click: Setting the Stage for the Landing Page, Movable Ink Blog
- Generate More Conversions For Lead Generation Accounts, PPC Hero
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 4 Types of Businesses That Live or Die On Good Writing, CopyPressed
- How to Design Popups That Work Every Time: An Easy Guide for Website Owners, Jeff Bullas
- How to Spring Clean Your Website, Constant Contact Blogs
- Website design briefs: Be very careful what you ask for, Econsultancy
- Why Mobile Page Speed Is a Visual Designer’s Problem, Think with Google
- How Local are They? GEO TLDs like .LONDON in the UK, .BERLIN in Germany, Domain Name Wire
- Monitor Your Domain Registrations, Domain Investing
- 4 Ways to Take Advantage of the Booming Ecommerce Market, Multichannel Merchant
- Amazon is set to refund $70 million to parents whose kids made in-app purchases, Quartz
- How Online Star Ratings and Reviews Work in E-Commerce, MarketingProfs
- How to Earn and Showcase Credibility in Ecommerce, Shopify Plus
- Email Marketing for WordPress Plus Easy Plugins to Get Started, WPExplorer
- Five tips to maximize your mailing list signups, Econsultancy
- What Email Marketing Reporting Metrics Should I Track to Optimize?, Crazy Egg
General Internet Marketing
- How to Choose Digital Marketing Channels for Long Term Growth, ConversionXL
- Pairing multi-channel attribution with lead scoring to improve marketing ROI, Chief Marketing Technologist
Internet Marketing Industry
- Build More Engaging Skills with Device Address API and Gain Insights with the New Metrics Dashboard, Alexa Blogs
- Evergage Named a Strong Performer Among Digital Intelligence Platforms, Evergage
- New Research from Dimension Data Reveals Uncomfortable CX Truths, PR Newswire
- New Software from LexalyticsÂ® Helps Human Resources Departments Design More Effective Voice of the Employee Programs, PR Web
- New Software from Lexalytics® Helps Human Resources Departments Design More Effective Voice of the Employee Programs, PR Web
- Nielsen Launches Artificial Intelligence Technology, Nielsen
- 4 Ways to Revolutionize Customer Experience With AI, CMS Wire
- Are Advanced Marketing Automation Techniques Underutilized?, eMarketer
- Building Blocks: Neil Robinson, Chief Revenue Officer at ROKT talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- Forecast Shows Mobile Ad Spend in China Growing Significantly, KoMarketing
- Play Games Services dropping iOS support, removing Gifts, Requests, & more on Android, 9to5Google
- 3 Ways To Boost Your Instagram Feed, Social Media Explorer
- Could Instagram Become A Victim Of Its Own Success?, MediaKix
- Facebook addresses revenge porn with tech to prevent people from re-sharing intimate images, TechCrunch
- Facebook tests Workplace Standard, CNBC
- How Retailers Can Use Social Media for Better Customer Support, Street Fight
- How To Organically Grow Your Brand’s Social Following, Small Biz Trends
- How to Set Up an Effective Facebook Ad Campaign, Social Media Examiner
- Instagram, Twitter, and others could pay $5.3 million to settle app privacy lawsuit, The Verge
- Leverage Facebook’s Automated Rules to Efficiently Manage and Maintain Campaigns, 3Q Digital
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Social Media Campaigns in B2B for Internal and External Results, MarketingSherpa Blog
- No one is using Facebook stories, so it turned your friends into ghosts, The Verge
- Step to the plate with @MLB on Twitter, Twitter
- 3 Ways to Brainstorm a Useful How-to Video, Internet Marketing Ninjas
- The Live Blog: April 4, 2017, Facebook Media
- YouTube Go beta launches in India, Official YouTube Blog
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.