Marketing Day: Bing ads, mobile marketing agencies & data onboarding
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 5 reasons advertisers should NOT ignore Bing Ads
Dec 5, 2016 by Michelle Cruz
Columnist Michelle Cruz outlines some recent developments in Bing Ads and makes the case for this cost-effective PPC platform.
- Canonical chaos: doubling down on duplicate content
Dec 5, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Duplicate content issues? Problems with your canonical tags? Columnist Marcus Miller explains why these issues occur and how to fix them.
- Should you hire a mobile marketing agency or keep it in-house?
Dec 5, 2016 by Craig Weinberg
If you’re on the fence about whether or not it’s time to bring in an agency, check out columnist Craig Weinberg’s quiz of nine questions to ask yourself.
- 5 New Year’s resolutions for analytics
Dec 5, 2016 by Nick Iyengar
As we edge closer to 2017, columnist Nick Iyengar discusses key goals you should consider for your analytics program in the new year.
- Report: What is data onboarding, and why is it important to marketers?
Dec 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
Management consulting firm The Winterberry Group says this is the first such independent study.
- AI’s star grows brighter in marketing, with new announcements from Amazon, Facebook, and Emarsys
Dec 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
Amazon adds a new intelligence-as-a-service, Facebook builds AI for filtering videos, and marketing platform Emarsys is making AI a member of its family.
- [Reminder] Live webcast: Social Media Marketing 3.0
Dec 2, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Social media is now an integral part of marketing — spending on social media is expected to double to 25% of marketing budgets by 2020. Yet, nearly half of digital marketers say they can’t prove the bottom-line impact of social media on their businesses.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How anticipatory analytics would have saved the Death Star, digiday.com
- How Does Nielsen Accurately Provide Social TV Measurement?, www.adweek.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Things Bloggers Should Know About Taxes, www.blogherald.com
- Five Steps to Have Your Your Blog and Business Run Without You Over The Holidays, ProBlogger
- How to create better blog titles that can drive more traffic to your ads, adsense.googleblog.com
- Why SnapChat And Apple Don’t Have A Fake News Problem, www.buzzfeed.com
- IDC: Apple Watch sales estimated at 1.1 million units in Series 2 launch quarter, falling 70% YOY, 9to5mac.com
- Snapchat will make Los Angeles a stronger tech hub, techcrunch.com
- 10 Ways Content Marketing and Sales Teams Can Work Together, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Content Marketing Inspiration: 6 New Sources, blog.marketo.com
- Experts Share Content Marketing Predictions for 2017, www.toprankblog.com
- How Storytelling Accelerates Your Pipeline Velocity, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Native ads generate clicks at up to 40 percent higher rate than other mobile ads, venturebeat.com
- Not Documenting Your Content Marketing Strategy?Â Her’s What to Do About It, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Use This Content Marketing Checklist to Skyrocket Your Productivity, www.copyblogger.com
- From Content to Conversion: Move Your Audience from Blog to Buyer, www.searchenginejournal.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 7 Tools To Help Designers Get More Done, www.fastcodesign.com
- Applying UX Design Tactically to Achieve Strategic Objectives, www.uxmatters.com
- Breaking Out Of The Box: Design Inspiration (December 2016), www.smashingmagazine.com
- Business Writing Tips That Add Impact, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Placate Clients Who Are Dissatisfied with Your Designs, www.uxmatters.com
- .XYZ, .VIP, and .Club Get Chinese Governmental Approval, www.domaininvesting.com
- 5 tips for brands on monitoring online resellers, www.internetretailer.com
- How to overcome shopper hesitations to buying gifts online, www.internetretailer.com
- No, Your Small Business Cannot Compete with Amazon, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Three musts for online retailers to prepare for the last-minute rush, econsultancy.com
- Email in 2016: The year in review, myemma.com
- How Local Publishers Can Use Email Newsletters to Monetize their Audiences, streetfightmag.com
- Keep It Clean: The Importance of Email-List Hygiene, www.marketingprofs.com
- Video: Why Your Small Business Needs Email Marketing, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- As The FTC Watches For Disclosure Violations, Marketers Can Lessen Their Liability Risks, adexchanger.com
- Forecast 2017: Mobile, Video, and Data are the Native Advertising Game Changers, www.iab.com
- Marrying the Art and Science of Marketing: From Engagement to Bliss, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- RhythmOne Buys Advertising Firm Perk, www.morningstar.co.uk
- Snaplytics Launching First Snapchat Competitor Analysis Solution for Brands and Agencies, www.realwire.com
- The Mobile Wallet is Making Holiday Shopping More Jolly, www.nielsen.com
- Verint Brings Holistic Approach to Social Media Management, www.verint.com
- 3 tactical strategies to turn real-time mobile insights into action, venturebeat.com
- Android Pay Christmas: Google’s copying Tencent with its festive payments gimmick, qz.com
- Facebook Messenger: First Year Review, www.conversocial.com
- Google Says Faster Mobile Ads Are Boosting Clickthrough Rates Up to 200 Percent, www.adweek.com
- How publishers are using mobile notifications in 5 charts, digiday.com
- How retailers can close the mcommerce gap, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How retailers can improve their stores by surveying mobile shoppers, www.internetretailer.com
- Quality, Transparency of Location Data Top Concerns for Marketers, www.emarketer.com
- Survey of Mobile Marketers Highlights Growing Focus on Location Data, Social Media, streetfightmag.com
- Tap. Pay. Celebrate., blog.google
- A sweet update to Nougat: Android 7.1.1, blog.google
- It will soon be illegal to punish customers who criticize businesses online, Ars Technica
- Let your loved ones know you’re safe with our new personal safety app, blog.google
- 13 Top Brands on Instagram, for Inspiration, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 3 tips to improve Facebook ad engagement – and performance, 3qdigital.com
- Can Facebook ever really be neutral?, qz.com
- Facebook, Twitter, and Google are still failing to curb hate speech, EU says, www.theverge.com
- How to Use Offline Events Ads From Facebook, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instagram’s Best of 2016, www.adweek.com
- Social media ads to hit $50 billion by 2019 -Zenith, www.reuters.com
- Tales from the Marketing Trenches: Snapchat Geofilters, www.emarketer.com
- Tumblr’s Year In Review, staff.tumblr.com
- What We Can Learn from the Biggest Brands on Facebook, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- What You Can Learn From the Social Media Crisis That Wasn’t, adage.com
- Will Pinterest’s update for retailers mean social commerce will see fruition?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 5 Ways to Use Periscope to Connect With Customers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- As Social Platforms and Brands Turn to Live Video, Will Viewers Keep Tuning In?, www.adweek.com
- YouTube Users, Would You Switch to Twitch?, smallbiztrends.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech