Marketing Day: B2B Web Usability Report, Facebook Facing EU Lawsuit & LinkedIn To Buy Lynda.com
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- SPONSOR MESSAGE: How To Be Successful in Mobile Advertising
In this white paper, Quantcast explores the mobile landscape and identifies opportunities and solutions for advertisers. Get your copy now.
- Less Than 20% Of B2B Buyers Say Social Media & Blogs Impact Vendor Discovery Process [Report]
New B2B web usability report shows considerable disconnect between what B2B buyers want on a website and what vendors provide.
- How To Simplify Manual Campaign Tracking In Google Analytics
Contributor Jane Morgan shares comprehensive advice for ensuring your manual campaign tagging is both consistent and consistently useful.
- Facebook Facing Class Action Privacy Lawsuit In Europe
Court hears arguments about whether an Austrian law student has standing to represent 25,000 people in civil suit alleging Facebook violated EU privacy laws.
- LinkedIn To Buy Professional Education Platform Lynda.com For $1.5 Billion
The purchase will bring lynda.com’s extensive library of professional development courses into the LinkedIn fold.
- 3 Refreshing Ways To Look At Marketing Analytics
It’s not just for data scientists anymore. Columnist Brian Massey shows us how to get creative and explore analytics from some unexpected sources.
- Pew Research: Facebook Is Still Tops Among U.S. Teens
Facebook is used by 71% of Americans aged 13 to 17 according to Pew Research Center survey. Instagram is used by 52%, Snapchat by 41%, Twitter and Google+ by 33%.
- YouTube To Launch Ad-Free Paid Subscription Service This Year
For an estimated $10 a month, subscribers will get an ad-free viewing experience, as well as be able to store videos offline.
- Facebook Launches Messenger For Web Browsers
Facebook offers web users separate messaging option, but has no plans to remove chat from main desktop experience.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Places Adds Several Agency-Friendly Local Business Listing Tools
- Is Yahoo Testing Non-Bing Powered Search Results?
- Google Drops Title & Images From In-Depth Articles
- Google’s Annual AdWords Livestream Set For May 5th
- Bing Image Search Redesigned To Add More Image Details To The Results
- Is Mobile Search More Than Just Being Mobile “Friendly”?
- Machine Learning With AdWords Scripts And Google Prediction API
- Google Launches Streamlined Lite Version Of Mobile Search Interface For Slower Connections
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Student Beans Q&A: The Opportunity Marketplace, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Harness the Power of Intent Data for Predictive Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- How Big Data And Marketing Analytics Can Help Sales, www.cmo.com
- Marketers Need a Better Approach to Campaign Performance Metrics, www.marketingprofs.com
Blogs & Blogging
- The Structure of a Proper Client Proposal That Will Land You a Blogging Gig, www.problogger.net
- Content Marketing Tips: 5 Cues Marketers Should Take From Rappers, www.jeffbullas.com
- Don’t Let Your Personas Get Stuck, www.cmswire.com
- How to Cure Your Content Marketing Tool Addiction, pushingsocial.com
- How to Perform Content Marketing on a Shoestring Budget, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Write a Headline That Keeps On Earning Clicks, blog.bufferapp.com
- Looking for a Content Writer? Interview Questions to Ask, www.bruceclay.com
- Quizzes For Content Marketing: What You Need To Know, www.koozai.com
- Storytelling is Back. Content Creation is Dead., www.ducttapemarketing.com
- The Wall Street Journal’s native approach: ‘If it looks like a puff piece, nobody’s going to read it.’, digiday.com
- What Exactly Are You Missing In Your Content Marketing Strategy, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 8 A/B Split Tests That Made Shocking Discoveries, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Creating Emotionally Powerful Landing Pages, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Fastest Way to Grow Your List: Pop Ups v Squeeze Pages, blog.crazyegg.com
- The Savvy Marketer’s Checklist for Seductive Landing Pages, www.copyblogger.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How publishers are rethinking the infinite scroll, digiday.com
- Responsive Design for Newbies, www.blogherald.com
- Should You Change Your Copy? These 3 Tools Will Help You Decide, seocopywriting.com
- Why Should I Make My Webpage Interactive?, www.problogger.net
- 49% of Consumers Are Uncomfortable With Vising A Site Using A New gTLD, www.thedomains.com
- Domain Name: A Business Asset, www.domaininvesting.com
- ICANN reports .sucks to the FTC over “predatory” pricing, domainincite.com
- Alibaba is sending 10 same-sex couples on all-expense-paid trips to US to get married, qz.com
- Amazon punches back on fake product reviews, www.internetretailer.com
- B2B Ecommerce Growing; Becoming More Like B2C, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Crate and Barrel takes a comprehensive approach to e-commerce, Internet Retailer
- Digitizing the bricks-and-mortar store: Breaking down the online/offline mentality, www.internetretailer.com
- Even Etsy’s Initial Public Offering Process Is Artisanal, www.wsj.com
- 4 Effective Ways to Increase Email Subscribers, www.verticalresponse.com
- Real-Time A/B Testing vs. Traditional A/B Testing in Email Marketing, blog.movableink.com
- When is the Best Time to Send Your Email?, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- Quiz How Well Do You Know Your Agency Acronyms, www.adweek.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Maxifier Releases Fraud Protection Solution, www.marketwired.com
- Salesforce Launches the Next Generation of B2B Marketing Automation, investor.salesforce.com
- The Evolution of a Brand: Bitly’s Next Step, blog.bitly.com
- Ustream Demand Enables Lead Capture for Live and On-Demand Video in a Single Platform, www.ustream.tv
- Wayin Integrates Facebook APIs to Provide Actionable Social Content for Marketers, Media, www.prweb.com
- Zignal Labs announces hire of Tim Hayden as VP of Marketing, zignallabs.com
- A Marketer’s Guide To Cross-Device Identity, adexchanger.com
- Exceeding Mobile Expectations: You Need More Than An App, www.getelastic.com
- Google is close to making Android Wear work on the iPhone, www.theverge.com
- How Mobile Data Is Helping to Transform the Television Industry, streetfightmag.com
- How should brands use wearables?, www.internetretailer.com
- If You’re Not Doing Mobile Like These Brands, You’re Doing it Wrong, www.adknowledge.com
- Mobile money flowing, it’s time to correct some mistakes, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Who Is the Smartphone-Dependent Consumer?, www.emarketer.com
- Facebook just filed a fascinating patent that could seriously hurt Google’s ad revenue, finance.yahoo.com
- Get Used to More Twitter Takeover Rumors, recode.net
- How SoulCycle’s instructors spin a smart social strategy, digiday.com
- Instagram on Twitter: How Fashion Brands Blend the Two Networks, simplymeasured.com
- Pizza Hut, Wendy’s Chomp Quick-Service Restaurant Competition on Twitter, Facebook, AdWeek
- Social Media Event Guide To Boost Sharing, www.searchenginepeople.com
- The Evolution Of Advertising On Twitter, And What Comes Next, www.socialbro.com
- What Sites Lead for Social Commerce?, www.emarketer.com
- What’s Next for Social Data Intelligence, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 4 Ways to Use Twitter Video for Your Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How Vine lost its edge, econsultancy.com
- Increase Your Brand’s Success with Instagram Video, blog.tailwindapp.com