Marketing Day: April Fools’ Day Round Up, A Marketing Stats Toolbox & Bitly Shuts Down “Bundles”
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- April Fools’ Day 2015: From #ChromeSelfie To Bing Cute Cloud & More
Google goes all out today, but they’re not the only ones – Bing and Moz get in on the fun as well.
- Dell At MarTech Conference: Customer Experience Must Drive Marketing Technology Decisions
Corey Craig explains how Dell created its Solutions Nurture platform to provide content at pain points in customer journey.
- Rubicon Project Scoops Up Chango
Intent marketing and retargeting technology firm will bring scale to Rubicon Project’s Buyer Cloud.
- Acrolinx Launches Cloud-Based Content Marketing Platform For The Enterprise
Tool helps authors customize content for specific audiences, provides real-time coaching as content is written.
- 20+ Resources For Building Tech-Savvy Modern Marketers
As the rate of change within marketing accelerates, brands will either lead or be left behind. Columnist Paul Roetzer posits that marketing talent, not technology, will determine the winners and losers.
- 4 Psychological Principles That Will Make You Better At Content Marketing
Trying to pitch your content to various editors/publications? Columnist Kelsey Libert explains how you can use psychological principles to achieve greater success.
- Marketing Stats Toolbox: Mobile Activity By City To Keep You Ahead
Columnist Andrew Waber shares data from a recent study by Cidewalk and Chitika Insights on mobile activity by city.
- Everything Marketers Need To Know About Engagement-Based Spam Filtering
Could your promotional emails end up in the “spam” folder, even if the subscriber opted in? Columnist Tom Sather explains how email providers use subscriber behavior signals to determine email placement.
- Twitter Is Testing Ads Within User Profile Pages
In the ever-expanding push for more advertising space, Twitter is experimenting with ads within profile pages.
- Sprinklr Raises $46 Million, Launches “Experience Cloud” To Link Social To Site & Commerce
Social management software company, which now claims a value of more than $1 billion, enhances platform to enable brands to track consumers across multiple digital channels.
- As Martech Blossoms, Don’t Forget What It’s For, Scott Brinker Warns
At the MarTech conference in San Francisco, contributor Erik Bratt recaps the scene-setting talk by Scott Brinker, editor of the Chief Martech blog and the conference chair.
- Bitly Is Shutting Down “Bundles” Because Of Spam & Low Use
Starting April 7, the URL shortening company will shutter the rarely used feature that enabled sharing of multiple links and replace it with a link-tagging system.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Report: Q1 US Paid Search Growth Strongest In 3 Years
- April Fools’ 2015 For the Search World: From Super Smart Google Panda To Backwards Google
- Bing Ads Power Tools: Ad Insights
- Increasing Search Visibility With Google’s Entity Search
- April Fools: Google’s Matt Cutts Starts New SEO Spam Tool AutoSEO
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Data sources that can help optimize the customer experience, econsultancy.com
- Infer Helps B2B Companies Accelerate Expansion Into New Markets Using Predictive Analytics, www.martechadvisor.com
- MarketShare Acquires Marketing Analytics Platform DataSong, adexchanger.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Get More Photography Clients Using Your Blog, www.blogherald.com
- Why Copyblogger Is Killing Its Blog, www.copyblogger.com
- Why you are Tweeting Your Blog Posts Wrong, ignitevisibility.com
- Flickr offers new public domain licensing in wake of SpaceX photo release, Ars Technica
- GoDaddy Raises $460 Million After IPO Priced Above Range, adage.com
- New Net Neutrality Rules Face First Challenges, www.adweek.com
- Tech Leaders Intensify Effort Against State Laws Considered Anti-Gay, blogs.wsj.com
- 7 Content Marketing Best Practices You Should Probably Ignore, blog.crazyegg.com
- Curating Content: A Few Principles and Tools to Guide Your Efforts, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Never Run Out of Content Marketing Ideas Using AHREFS.com, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Tell Corporate Stories Like a TV Producer: Inform, Inspire, Engage, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Beginner’s Guide to Paid Content Distribution, contently.com
- Viral King PlayBuzz Is Rolling Out Native Advertising. Will Brands Bite?, contently.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 Tips on How to Improve Your Writing Skills, smallbiztrends.com
- Customer Experience ROI: The Secret Formula, www.cmswire.com
- Designers as Innovators, and a Story About Coffee, uxmag.com
- Google rolls out Material design to all of its support pages, looks beautiful, www.theandroidsoul.com
- That mystery $1 million .sucks fee explained, and it’s probably not what you thought, domainincite.com
- 15 rather useful customer experience pointers for SME retailers, econsultancy.com
- Amazon Latest to Ditch Data Conference to Boycott Indiana, adage.com
- Can Amazon Bring One-Click Purchasing to Home Services? Here’s What Experts Think, streetfightmag.com
- Chanel finally admits that its future includes ecommerce, qz.com
- Comparing Facebook Video to YouTube, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Etsy IPO to Potentially Raise More Than $300 Million, www.wsj.com
- Groupon tests an online marketplace, www.internetretailer.com
- Retail industry experts’ first reactions to Amazon Dash, digiday.com
- 70% conversion rate jump points to mobile email opportunity, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Long Should Your Email Be?, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Movable Ink Introduces A New Solution for Contextually Relevant, Red-Hot Mobile Emails, blog.movableink.com
- Satori Yoga Uses Email Marketing to Connect with Clients Beyond the Mat, www.verticalresponse.com
- To Send (or Not to Send) an After Hours Email, That Is the Question, smallbiztrends.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Things You Need to Know to Market to Millennials, www.adweek.com
- Thou Shalt Not be Data-Driven, www.webanalyticsworld.net
Internet Marketing Industry
- Bitly Bolsters Executive Team With New VP Of Marketing, www.prnewswire.com
- Brightcove Enhances Oracle Marketing Cloud Integration, www.brightcove.com
- Frankly Partners with Inmoji, www.accesswire.com
- Fresh Off the Lot, Yahoo’s New Digital Magazine – Yahoo Autos, advertising.yahoo.com
- Introducing the New DOZ, www.doz.com
- New report: Yes, viewable ads perform better than ones not seen, venturebeat.com
- Oracle Helps Marketers Leverage Data Trapped in Different Marketing Systems, www.oracle.com
- Sprinklr and hybris partner to Bring Social Experiences and Business Processes Seamlessly Together, www.hybris.com
- ToutApp Launches Tout Connect, www.marketwired.com
- Kimberly-Clark Seeks Data Behavior Mix from Marketing Technology, www.emarketer.com
- MarTech Conference 2015: Day 1 Highlights, terminus.com
- 5 App install campaign FAQs, Twitter Blog
- Anonymous messaging app Yik Yak is testing a photo feature, mashable.com
- Expect More Programmatic Ads to Pop Up on Mobile, www.emarketer.com
- Mobile commerce: what have we learned after six years?, econsultancy.com
- Mobile Monetization Mistakes to Avoid, www.adweek.com
- One in five American adults uses the internet only on smartphones, qz.com
- Smartphones now account for a majority of mobile transactions, www.internetretailer.com
- The Importance of Being Mobile, www.webanalyticsworld.net
- Thinking mobile keeps innovation bubbling at Coca-Cola, www.mobilemarketer.com
- Share With Flair And Boost Your Reputation in 4 Steps, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Government Agencies That Rock Instagram, contently.com
- 8 Ways Twitter Chats Can Benefit Your Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A Response To Ritson: The Argument For Social Media, www.webpresence.tv
- Boosting Your Paid Social Game With Promoted Post Detection, www.socialbakers.com
- Could Periscope solve Twitter’s biggest problem?, qz.com
- Facebook Page Insights Bug Throws Scare Into News Publishers, www.adweek.com
- Forget Facebook: Publishers Should Try To Become Their Own Platforms, adexchanger.com
- Social Customer Service is the New Heart of Marketing, www.socialmediatoday.com
- Stop Wasting Your Money on Social Media Promotion, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why a movie studio uses Twitter to launch trailers, www.twitter.com
- Younger Smartphone Users More Likely to Access Social Media, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.