Marketing Day: Apple Earnings Report, Google’s New Manufacturer Center & Jet.com
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Apple Beats Expectations With $49.6B But iPhone Sales Disappoint Analysts
Apple just announced its fiscal Q3 earnings. The company generally beat analyst expectations with $49.6 billion in revenue.
- Google Launches Manufacturer Center To Standardize Product Data
Includes analytics to show manufacturers how their products compare on search compared to competing products.
- Facebook Pages Get New, YouTube-Like Tools For Publishing & Managing Videos
Secret videos, expiration dates, custom thumbnails and a new Video Library for organizing everything are among today’s announced upgrades.
- Survey: Apple Watch Customer Satisfaction Scores 97 Percent
Ahead of Apple earnings today, there have been numerous reports about how Apple Watch sales are tanking. But whatever the actual sales figures, apparently the early adopters are highly satisfied.
- Technology And Creativity Must Play Nice Together In The Marketing Sandbox
Creativity and technology don’t need to be at odds with one another. Columnist Mary Wallace explains why the two must work together to deliver the best marketing results.
- Tapping Into The Buyer’s Brain With Psychology-Driven Marketing
How do you increase sales? Know your audience. Columnist Jordan Kasteler explores 10 marketing strategies that will help you understand what makes buyers tick.
- How To Capitalize On Social’s Multi-Platform Benefits
It’s easy to focus on Facebook — but don’t miss the Instagram message! Columnist Jason Warnock explains how marketers can engage their audience across all social media channels to maximize sales.
- Number Of Mobile Retail Websites Using Responsive Design More Than Doubles Since 2014
Twenty percent of the Internet Retailer top 500 mobile retailer sites now use responsive design, up from 9% last year.
- Google+ Photos Drops The +, Transitioning Users To Google Photos On August 1st
Users will have until August 1st to move from Google+ Photos to the new Google Photos as Google continues to drop features from the struggling network.
- Amazon Rival Jet.com Goes Live
With the promise of offering the lowest prices on the internet, the well-funded shopping membership site opens publicly to US consumers.
- Beyond Search: Bing Native Ads Launch In Beta Across MSN.com
Expanded inventory enables advertisers to pair search intent signals with native advertising formats.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Report: Nokia Sells HERE Maps For $2.7B To BMW, Mercedes, Audi Group
- The Cross-Border Series Part 2: Establishing A Search Marketing Strategy In Europe
- Create Your Own Display Audiences With Custom Affinity Segments
- Google Explains How It Handles The New Top Level Domains (TLDs)
- Bing Search Traffic Declining? You’re Not Alone — It May Be An Analytics Issue.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Use Analytics to Prove the Impact of YouTube Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Eye-Catching Ways To Makeover Your Blog Today, www.bloggingwizard.com
- How You Can Triple the Average Pages Per Visit on Your Blog, ignitevisibility.com
- The Real Gold of Blogging is the Experience We Give Readers, dannybrown.me
- Ex-Google Employee Exposes Unequal Pay With Spreadsheet, blogs.wsj.com
- What Omid Kordestani, the Chief Business Officer, Says About Google, recode.net
- 13 Brands That Should Embrace Content Marketing, www.verticalmeasures.com
- 3 Worlds Unite: Content Marketing, Content Strategy, and Intelligent Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Are You Making This Common Content Marketing Mistake?, mackcollier.com
- Don’t Turn Content Into This Generation’s Banner Ads, adage.com
- Find the Right Content Marketing Agency for You, www.toprankblog.com
- Most Companies Give Failing Grades To Quality Of Sales Lead Delivery., www.cmocouncil.org
- How to Combine Heatmaps & Surveys to Boost CRO Wins, blog.crazyegg.com
- What to Include in Site Navigation, for Higher Conversions?, www.practicalecommerce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Simple Copywriting Techniques to Get Your Customer ‘Beyond’ the Buy Button, www.copyblogger.com
- 30 Eye-Popping Web Design Examples to Inspire Digital Marketers, www.jeffbullas.com
- How To Moderate Effectively In Usability Research, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Inspiration for UX Design from the Arts and Sciences, www.uxmatters.com
- The Elements of a High Quality Website, blog.kissmetrics.com
- .sucks won’t discount its fee for $10 domains, domainincite.com
- Neustar’s .CO Domain Celebrates 5th Birthday, www.neustar.biz
- 10 neat innovations to make your ecommerce site more interesting, econsultancy.com
- 7 Common Mistakes of New Amazon Sellers, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon on track to become No. 1 US apparel retailer, www.retaildive.com
- One-Quarter of Retailers Say Facebook Among Top New Customer Acquisition Tactics, nrf.com
- Which retailers operate the fastest web and mobile sites?, www.internetretailer.com
- 12 Ideas for Super Subject Lines, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Marketo Data Tells Us: Which Type of Emails Have the Highest Conversion Rates?, blog.marketo.com
- Report: Google Set To Offer Custom Gmail Addresses For $2, www.androidheadlines.com
General Internet Marketing
- Apple’s Core Principles Helped It Regain Its Marketing Mojo (They Can Help You, too), www.marketingprofs.com
- Dear brands, Honesty is the future of advertising, digiday.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Catriona Fallon Appointed as Executive VP and Chief Financial Officer of Marin Software, www.martechadvisor.com
- Conversion Logic Partners with LiveRamp to Enhance Cross-Channel Attribution Capabilities, www.businesswire.com
- GroupM Partners with Networked Insights for Global Rollout of Marketing Analytics Platform, www.businesswire.com
- Return Path Launches Data Cloud – Next-Generation Email Data Platform, www.returnpath.com
- Creativity and technology in the digital marketing landscape, www.branded3.com
- Five best practice tips for data management platforms, econsultancy.com
- 3 steps to build long-term customer relationships with mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Google Adds Mobile-App Development Platform Pixate, Wall Street Journal
- Google Glass “Enterprise Edition” is foldable, water resistant, more rugged for the workplace, 9to5google.com
- How Fancy Do Consumers Want Their Wearables?, www.emarketer.com
- Marketing on Mobile? You Have it Wrong, www.cmswire.com
- Answers to Hot Social Media Law Questions, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Introducing the new Twitter Safety Center, Twitter Blog
- 7 Ways To Drive Revenue With Smarter Twitter Segmentation And Targeting, www.socialbro.com
- Brands Answer More Facebook Questions, Less on Twitter, www.adweek.com
- Facebook is now bigger than General Electric, qz.com
- How to Host and Promote a Twitter Chat, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to pin your work to Pinterest (without feeling weird about it!), blog.tailwindapp.com
- LinkedIn Marketing: The All-in-One Guide to Content and Scheduling, blog.bufferapp.com
- The Top 10 Paid Social Media Hacks of All Time, www.wordstream.com
- Twitter is removing backgrounds from user profiles, thenextweb.com
- Twitter Organizes Its Disjointed Online Safety Initiatives With The Launch Of Its “Safety Center”, techcrunch.com
- What Is Social Media Maturity?, simplymeasured.com
- ‘We’ve gone headlong’: Inside Time Inc.’s video strategy, digiday.com
- 4 Brands Killing It With Digital Video, www.adknowledge.com
- China’s Digital Video Viewers Favor Mobile for Interaction, www.emarketer.com
- Comic Con & Film Trailers: Video Marketing Win for Warner Bros, www.reelseo.com
- GoPro Launches Gopro Licensing Platform for Marketers to Access Hi-Def Videos, www.martechadvisor.com
- How and Why Periscope Might Make Sense for Small Business, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Using Video in Your Event Marketing: Before, During and After, unbounce.com
- YouTube Stars Keep Facebook at Arm’s Length For Now, blogs.wsj.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.