Marketing Day: Apple Earnings, Amazon Echo & Pinterest’s “Marketing Developer Partners”
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Apple Beats Expectations With $58 Billion In Revenue, Sells 61 Million iPhones
The iPhone 6 is the force that continues to power huge quarters for Apple.
- Up Close With Amazon Echo: It’s Early, But This Personal Assistant Shows Promise
Comparisons to Siri, Cortana and Google Now don’t fit. Echo isn’t as developed as those and serves an entirely different use case.
- WordPress Issues 4.2.1, Another Critical Security Update
The second security update in a week is now available.
- Act Now: SMX Advanced Early Bird Rates Expire Saturday
Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced rates increase at the end of the day Saturday! Register now, save $200 and guarantee your seat at the search marketing conference of the year.
- Brand Alignment And Content Strategy: Synergies That Sell
Columnist Jayson DeMers outlines the steps you can take to ensure your branding and content efforts are working hand in hand to help drive sales.
- Google Plus Is Small, But Still Not Dead Yet
Despite the “near death” rumors, Google+ still has plenty of life left, and Google has no current plans to dismember it, believes columnist Mark Traphagen.
- Pinterest Launches “Marketing Developer Partners” Program
Pinterest gives content publishing API access to 10 companies that offer social media management tools and services.
- How To Turn Data Into Dollars: 3 Stages To Activate Your Data
It’s not just about collecting data. You need to know how to activate that data to extract value from it. Columnist David Booth explains how.
- Facebook “Evaluating” Whether To Make Apple Watch App
During the Apple Watch product launch, an example of Facebook on the Apple Watch made social media addicts drool. Now that the watch is here, a Facebook app is nowhere to be found.
- How To Use Twitter & Instagram On The Apple Watch; Facebook Is MIA
Don’t expect to create much social media content to share on the Apple Watch. However, it does support bite-size consumption, including liking Instagram images and retweeting tweets.
- Plum Organics’ #ParentingUnfiltered Campaign Eschews Unrealistic Portrayal Of Parenthood For Blunt Realism
The organic baby food brand aims to tell Millennial parents that it’s OK to be imperfect.
- Chrome Notifications, “The Physical Web” And Google’s War On Apps
From day one Google has hated apps. It grudgingly built them because the iPhone and the culture of smartphones forced the company to. Now with Chrome notifications it has taken a very self-conscious step toward making apps less “essential.”
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Enterprise Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms: New Market Intelligence Report
- Act Now: SMX Advanced Early Bird Rates Expire Saturday
- To Grow Your Career, See The Whole Customer Experience
- Your First Steps In Content Marketing
- When Disavowing Links At The Domain Level, Don’t Let Your Machete Turn Into A Guillotine
- Are These The Winners & Losers Of Google Mobilegeddon?
- Google Maps Hack Shows Android Mascot Relieving Itself On Apple Logo
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Spot the Metrics Which Impact Your Lead Generation Strategy, www.martechadvisor.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Easy-To-Use Blog Post Formats, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- 6 Steps to Make Your Nonprofit’s Blog a Must-Read Web Destination, www.problogger.net
- Announcing the Patent Purchase Promotion, Google Public Policy Blog
- Google to launch $150 M. ‘Digital News Initiative’ partnership with publishers, www.capitalnewyork.com
- Nepal Earthquake Spurs Tech Companies to Action, www.nbcnews.com
- Peter Hamby leaving CNN for Snapchat, www.politico.com
- Yahoo continues working on a new homepage, allgoogletesting.blogspot.com
- Engaging and Persuading People Through Storytelling, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Create Easy, Yet Actionable, Content Marketing Personas, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Print Magazine Hoax: 10 Overlooked Lessons on Writing, www.copyblogger.com
- 5 Luxury Brands Setting the Mobile Commerce Trends, www.getelastic.com
- Amazon Plans “Prime For Business” Folding AmazonSupply Into Big B2B Play, techcrunch.com
- Asia’s biggest e-commerce companies are preparing for the computer-free future, qz.com
- Four critical digital marketing tactics to drive your 2015 holiday strategy, www.internetretailer.com
- How Gilt.com dresses up its sales to Chinese web shoppers, www.internetretailer.com
- How Handmade Ecommerce Sites Gain From Etsy’s Growth, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Install WordPress, WooCommerce on Amazon Web Services, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Most UK online shoppers “click and collect”, www.internetretailer.com
- Online store merger prods luxury goods makers toward Internet, Reuters
- Report Says Ecommerce To Reach $334 Billion, MediaPost
- 3 Questions to Ask Before Sending Your Next Nonprofit Email, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 4 Ways to Migrate Your Audience to New Channels, www.silverpop.com
- Email Subject Lines That Sell, www.marketingprofs.com
- The 4 Emails Retailers Should Send for Mother’s Day, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- Do Brands Really Listen?, blog.marketo.com
- The top 14 skills in the red hot market for marketing jobs, VentureBeat
- What is Marketing? Here are the 30 Best Blogs to Master It, madefreshly.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Buffer for Pinterest: Schedule, Manage, And Measure Pins, blog.bufferapp.com
- Postmedia Launches Content Solutions for Scalable Native Advertising, www.postmedia.com
- Rubicon Project Completes Acquisition of Chango, www.rubiconproject.com
- Verve Mobile Appoints Chief Business Development Officer Brad Herman, www.prnewswire.com
- Italian Eyewear Maker Luxottica Working on New Version of Google Glass, Wall Street Journal
- “It’s Alive!”: Apps That Feed Back Accessibly, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Branded vs. centralized ordering apps: Will Chipotle tip the scales?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Do Consumers Even Know What They Want from Wearables?, www.emarketer.com
- How Much Has the”Local Market” Really Changed?, screenwerk.com
- Inside AEG’s mobile-first plan to ‘own the fan journey’, digiday.com
- Kochava First to Support Apple Watch for Brands’ Mobile App Measurement and Tracking, www.mobilitywire.com
- Programmatic Advertising Is Zooming In on Local – Will News Sites Be Ready?, streetfightmag.com
- Traffic methods for mobile commerce, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Watching and Waiting: Only 22 Percent Apple Watches Shipped First Weekend, intelligence.slice.com
- Wearable Innovation Management, usabilitygeek.com
- Google Apparently Testing ‘Collections’ For Followable, Curated Content Sets On Google+, www.androidpolice.com
- 7 Tips for Getting Started With Twitter Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Bringing Your Marketing Efforts to the Next Level with LinkedIn, www.compukol.com
- Engineering Director Lars Rasmussen Leaving Facebook, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Preps Developers for New Facebook Login April 30, www.adweek.com
- Facebook’s Sandberg 2014 Compensation Shrank Slightly, www.wsj.com
- Four ways to build summer movie buzz on Twitter, www.twitter.com
- How to Find Your Fans on Facebook but Connect with Them on Snapchat, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Instagram Gets Emoji Hashtags And 3 New Filters, Future Filters To Arrive Faster, TechCrunch
- Introducing Video Calling in Messenger, newsroom.fb.com
- Pinterest Analytics: 6 Tools to Drive Improved Performance, www.razorsocial.com
- RIP Twitter’s “Timeline Views” – What Metric Will Replace It?, blogs.wsj.com
- Social ROI: how to measure the value of social media, econsultancy.com
- This One Secret Will Let You Post From Instagram to Twitter – The Right Way, www.adweek.com
- Top 9 Facebook Marketing Questions Answered, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Updates Coming Soon for Linkedin Users, simplymeasured.com
- Using Third-Party Social Publishing Tools Has no Effect on Reach, www.socialbakers.com
- Why Live Social Media Feeds are the Future of Email + Social, blog.movableink.com
- Why You Shouldn’t Try to Be Everywhere in Social Media, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Takes on the Challenges and Opportunities of Digital Video, www.adweek.com
- Are Yahoo’s new autoplay video ads a bad deal for advertisers?, econsultancy.com
- As Hype Around Native Mobile Video Advertising Grows, Key Challenges Loom, adexchanger.com
- How PopSugar went from zero to 14 mil. Facebook video views a month, Digiday
- Snapchat Persuades Brands to Go Vertical With Their Video, www.adweek.com
- Video Competition Heats Up; Publishers Building Platforms, adexchanger.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech