Marketing Day: An IAB Report On Big Data, Twitter Revenue Up & Apple Beats Expectations
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: The Promise Of Big Data Is Recognized But Rarely Realized
Oct 28, 2015 by Greg Sterling
A new report from the Winterberry Group and IAB, “Data As Competitive Advantage,” explores the role of “big data” within organizations. While interviews and survey respondents polled for the report find data to generally be a “competitive advantage” the results of the research overall present a more mixed picture.
- Yandex 3Q 2015 Earnings Report: Revenue Up 18% YoY For The Quarter At $233.1 Million
Oct 28, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
The Russian search engine averages 57% of the Russian search market.
- Top 5 Tips For Interpreting And Acting On Attribution Reports
Oct 28, 2015 by Eric Dezendorf
With the glut of data available today, measuring the return from your marketing program can be a difficult task. Columnist Eric Dezendorf has some key tactics for tackling attribution reports.
- Behaviorally-Triggered Email Marketing: It’s Easier Than You Think
Oct 28, 2015 by Steve Dille
Delivering personalized messages to consumers is a holy grail for marketers. Columnist Steve Dille shows how you can do it without waiting for Big Data implementation.
- Startup HyPR Scores $5 Million, Unveils Influencer Search Engine And Readies “Programmatic” Marketplace That Vets Everyone
Oct 28, 2015 by Barry Levine
Company intends for its technology to examine every public social account worldwide to locate ones with most followers.
- FTC Talks Staying Safe With Social Media Endorsements At Marketing Land’s SocialPro Event
Oct 28, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Don’t miss this opening keynote, the start of two days focused on social media marketing success.
- Retailers: Give Yourself The Gift Of Mobile Optimization This Holiday Season
Oct 28, 2015 by Josh Manion
It’s not too late to optimize your mobile strategy for the 2015 holidays. Columnist Josh Manion outlines the questions you should be asking to help you improve mobile engagement.
- Customer Engagement Provider Moxie Software Unveils Its Concierge-Like Service for Online Storefronts
Oct 28, 2015 by Barry Levine
The company’s services for chat, knowledge base and email are integrated into a layer of helpfulness for shoppers.
- How To Get Personal With Your Prospective And Current Customers
Oct 28, 2015 by Sponsored Content: HP Marketing Optimization
The most important component to powerful marketing has always been understanding the wants and needs of your audience – then delivering on them. We’re in an era that’s providing businesses with unprecedented access to information about their customers’ behavior, and it’s also becoming increasingly easy to automate interaction.
- Twitter Hopes To Sell Moments & Woo More Users With World Series Ads
Oct 27, 2015 by Martin Beck
Twitter starts major marketing push with a series of ads aimed at getting more people to use Twitter regularly.
- Revenue Is Up, But Twitter Is Still Struggling In Slow Growth Mode
Oct 27, 2015 by Martin Beck
Twitter reports 320 million monthly active users — up 4 million. None of the growth is in the US. Revenue increased 58% YoY to $569 million.
- Apple Beats Expectations With $51.5 billion Quarter, 48 Million iPhones Sold
Oct 27, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Apple has announced its fiscal Q4 earnings. Financial analysts had been expecting $51.04 billion in revenue and earnings per share (EPS) of $1.88. Apple beat both sets of expectations with $51.5 billion in revenue and $1.96 EPS.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The Wayback Machine Gets Grant To Rebuild & Add Keyword Search
- SEMPO State Of The Industry Report 2015 Results
- Google AdWords Turns 15: A Look Back At The Origins Of A $60 Billion Business
- Keyword Research Beyond The Numbers
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Amazon to Affiliates: Don’t Target Kids or Be Terminated, www.amnavigator.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 Simple Ways to Write a List Post That Gets Read, menwithpens.ca
- Cost-Effective Online Management Tools for Bloggers, www.blogherald.com
- How To Find GREAT Blog Post Ideas – Fast, www.clicknewz.com
- US Bloggers Rely on Social Media Marketing to Drive Post Traffic, www.emarketer.com
- 10 Ways to Make Your Website Content More Relevant, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Content Marketing in the ’90s Was Amazing, contently.com
- How a Medical Company Used Content Marketing to Increase Traffic from 1k to 120k Visitors Per Month, www.thesaleslion.com
- How to Tame Content Creation Chaos with Rock-Solid Workflows, www.copyblogger.com
- How to Use the 3-Act Structure To Improve Your Content Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- Oh, The Horror! Content Marketing Halloween Dub Lessons, www.verticalmeasures.com
- 5 Reasons Why Flat Design Can Lead to Epic Conversions, vwo.com
- 5 Tips To Write Converting Newsletters For Your Website, usabilitygeek.com
- Does Offering More Choices Actually Tank Conversions?, conversionxl.com
- How to Report on Conversions, raventools.com
- How to Use Emotion to Influence Decisions & Increase Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
- The Long Game: How to Drive and Convert Web Traffic, www.searchenginejournal.com
- IBM is Buying Weather.com, www.thedomains.com
- Verisign: new TLDs are affecting .Com growth, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon Faces Lawsuit Over Whether Delivery Workers Are Employees, www.wsj.com
- Digital set to drive holiday shopping, www.retaildive.com
- How Baby Boomers Make Purchase Choices Online, www.emarketer.com
- How Retailers Can Reach Their Audience by Targeting Consumer Interests, blog.movableink.com
- Omnichannel marketing allows brands to unite diverse audience, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Preparing a 2016 B2B Ecommerce Budget, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Retailer Digital Exchanges: The New Trade Promotion?, adage.com
- 11 downright spooky email marketing stats, myemma.com
- How a Small Business Made $67,000 from One Cyber Monday Email, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- How to Strengthen Your Marketing Using Emotional Intelligence, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- The dangerous art of using humour in marketing, econsultancy.com
- Top 6 Marketing Trends to Watch Out for in 2016, www.martechadvisor.com
- Workfront Survey Finds Nearly 9 in 10 Marketers Feel They Are the Most Productive Person in Their Office, www.workfront.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Index Exchange Partners With Moat to Bring Viewability to Publishers, www.marketwired.com
- Insightpool Dives Into Hootsuite, www.businesswire.com
- Study Finds Advances in Local Marketing Are Helping Small Businesses, brandmuscle.com
- Taptica Introduces Social Offering With Instagram Advertising Support, www.marketwired.com
- ANA on ad tech: ‘There’s complexity, murkiness and confusion’, digiday.com
- B2C Marketers Seek Clarity on Marketing Tech, www.emarketer.com
- 4 Invincible Ways Mobile Apps Fuel Business Growth, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Addicting Apps: What Makes Clash of Clans So Appealing?, www.usertesting.com
- Advocates and opponents of the in-app ad blocker-pocalypse, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Google steps up in the war against Android bloatware, www.techrepublic.com
- Mobile Marketing’s Uncharted Territory, www.tune.com
- Mobile Messaging For Marketers 101, techcrunch.com
- Smartphones Are (Still) for Shopping, Not Buying, www.emarketer.com
- Study: Targeted offers deliver mobile customers, www.retaildive.com
- Wearable Usage Will Grow by Nearly 60% This Year, www.emarketer.com
- 10 Things You Need to Know About the New Facebook Search, www.wordstream.com
- 2015 Fortune 500 Social Media Use, heidicohen.com
- 6 Facebook Hacks for Your Brand to Try, simplymeasured.com
- 6 Facebook Power Editor Features You Should Be Using, www.contentharmony.com
- Facebook’s Instant Articles Could Mean Less Traffic For Websites, www.wsj.com
- LinkedIn Ads…Beyond LinkedIn?, www.clixmarketing.com
- Mark Zuckerberg, why is Facebook showing so much interest in India? Answer honestly, qz.com
- New Buttons Facebook Should Launch, www.adweek.com
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives More Than 2.4 Million Tweets, www.adweek.com
- The Ultimate Guide to Instagram Lead Generation, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Trends and Recommendations for Marketers using Topic Data, www.facebook.com
- Twitter Increases Follow Limit From 2,000 to 5,000 Accounts, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Twitter Launching New TV Ad As User, www.adweek.com
- Five Steps To Successful Facebook Videos, blog.newswhip.com
- Forget short attention spans, The Economist is going long on digital video, digiday.com
- Halloween on YouTube: Year Round Opportunity for Brands, www.reelseo.com
- How to Use 360-Degree Video in Your Social Media Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Snapchat Adds Slow-Mo, Fast-Forward, And Rewind Video Filters, techcrunch.com
- Video Is Truly Everywhere, and Ad Buyers Need to Think Beyond TV, Desktop and Mobile, www.adweek.com
- YouTube Red is here: Seven things to know about our new subscription service, youtubecreator.blogspot.com