Marketing Day: An E-Commerce Benchmark Report, Paid Search In 2015 & Adobe’s New Graphics Tool
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Search Executive Tamar Yehoshua Joins RetailMeNot Board, Raising Eyebrows
Dec 22, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Deals aggregation site RetailMeNot (RMN) appointed Google search executive Tamar Yehoshua to its board of directors. Some have suggested this is a conflict of interest, given RMN’s dependence on Google SEO for traffic.
- State Of E-Commerce Benchmark Report
Dec 22, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Yotpo’s e-commerce benchmark report features the most recent and relevant data from more than 65 million orders across more than 120,000 e-commerce stores.
- The Importance Of SEO In Omni-Channel Marketing: Part 1
Dec 22, 2015 by Trond Lyngbø
What is omni-channel marketing, and why does it matter? Columnist Trond Lyngbø discusses how SEO fits into an omni-channel marketing strategy.
- Using Search Data To Explain Media Impact
Dec 22, 2015 by Andrew Ruegger
Wondering how your television ads are impacting search? Columnist Andrew Ruegger shares his method for gleaning these insights.
- The Search Is Over: Marketing Land’s Top 10 Search Marketing Columns Of 2015
Dec 22, 2015 by Jessica Thompson
From Google algorithm changes to reputation management nightmares, this has been an eventful year in search. Take a look at the columns that resonated most with search marketers in 2015.
- Paid Search 2015: Many Changes That Will Have An Impact In 2016
Dec 22, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Google, Bing and Yahoo kept search marketers on their toes in 2015 with new deals and numerous changes and updates throughout the year.
- A Look Back At Innovation: The Year’s Top 10 Marketing Strategies Columns
Dec 22, 2015 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
What’s the secret behind some of the most successful marketing strategies? Here’s a look at what some CMOs and marketing leaders learned over the past year.
- Please Don’t! 5 Content Marketing Don’ts For 2016
Dec 22, 2015 by Rebecca Lieb
It’s easy to talk about content marketing wins, but what about giant fails? Columnist Rebecca Lieb outlines some of the top mistakes content marketers make so that you can avoid them in the coming year.
- Don’t Just Sell: How To Make Customers Buy
Dec 22, 2015 by Steve Olenski
How do you know if a prospect has any intention of buying? Columnist Steve Olenski discusses why you need to know the difference between simply selling to someone and making that person buy.
- Adobe Launches Adobe Post To Help You Build Better Social Graphics
Dec 22, 2015 by Martin Beck
Free iPhone app gives anyone the ability to create professional looking social graphics.
- New Report: It’s More Important To Detect Humans Than Bots
Dec 21, 2015 by Barry Levine
The first report from Detroit-based Are You A Human, Inc. recommends we give the equivalent of “passports” to Verified Humans.
- Facebook Is Testing Ability To Search Within Page Posts
Dec 21, 2015 by Martin Beck
Pilot program is for a small group of US English desktop and mobile users.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Winter Solstice Google Doodle Marks The Shortest Day Of The Year
- Microsoft Silences “Hey Cortana” In US Version Of Android App
- Scaling Manual Link Building
- The Six Quality Score & Ad Rank Questions Everyone Has For Google
- Yahoo Mobile Search Gets AMP Support, Twitter Integration, New Image Search & More
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Web Analytics: The Secret Ingredient in Lead Scoring, blog.crazyegg.com
- Which metrics are essential for digital marketing measurement?, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Alphabet’s Eric Schmidt: The design of AI should avoid undesirable outcomes, qz.com
- Google Pairs With Ford To Build Self-Driving Cars, www.yahoo.com
- Q&A: Dick Costolo on Life After Twitter and Why He’s on Board With 2 Ambitious Startups, www.adweek.com
- 13 Ways to Be a Better Content Curator, contently.com
- 5 Simple Steps to Breathe New Life into Old Content with SlideShare, www.copyblogger.com
- How to Create and Maintain a Culture of Content Marketing, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Study Reveals 8 Tips on How to Influence Behavior With Personalized Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Digital Design Trends and Predictions for 2016, 3qdigital.com
- Optimizing Your Design For Rapid Prototype Testing, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Website Speed Optimization Hacks, www.searchenginejournal.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Four display advertising trends in APAC, econsultancy.com
- Verisign gets patent for generating Pronounceable domain names, domainnamewire.com
- Jet.com, Seeing Broader Issues, Warns Customers of Possible Delays, multichannelmerchant.com
- Keep One Step Ahead of Your E-Commerce Competition, www.cmswire.com
- Keep the Buying Momentum Going in January, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Post-holiday online marketing tips, www.internetretailer.com
- The race to reel in last-minute online shoppers, www.internetretailer.com
- Why 2015 wasn’t the year for ‘buy’ buttons and how 2016 can be different, www.retaildive.com
- 3 Email Marketing Must-Haves to Tackle the Evolving Inbox, blog.marketo.com
- 8 Great Unsubscribe Pages That Will Make You Love Email Again, contently.com
- Nine email marketing trends set to dominate 2016, econsultancy.com
- What are the biggest email marketing errors that brands still make?, econsultancy.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Tips on How to Become A Successful Predictive Marketer Without Learning Data Sciences, www.martechadvisor.com
- Tapping Into the Minds of Millennials Through Strategic Marketing, thedma.org
- The Most Important Marketing Decision You Can Make, adage.com
- Why Account-Based Marketing Is a No-Brainer, blog.kissmetrics.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Collective and the 4A’s Foundation Announce the 2015 Winner of The Collective Bill Caspare Memorial Fund Scholarship, www.marketwired.com
- Littlstar is the First to Bring Immersive 360 Video to Apple TV, twinkle.littlstar.com
- 7 not-quite-predictions for marketing technology in 2016, chiefmartec.com
- New Isn’t Always Better: A Case for Evaluating Existing MarTech First, www.martechadvisor.com
- 3 Tips for Building a Successful Mobile Marketing Strategy, www.martechadvisor.com
- 7 reports you need to instantly increase mobile app ROI, www.tune.com
- Four in Five Retailers Say Mobile Is Having a Major Effect, www.emarketer.com
- How digital coupons attract the ultra-mobile, millennial customer, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- In-App Advertising Is Taking Off, But When Will Messaging Open Up?, adexchanger.com
- Smartphones Are the Hardest Screen to Monetize, www.emarketer.com
- Starbucks is 2015 Mobile Retailer of the Year, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 5 Steps to Protect Your Brand Trademark or Risk Losing It, smallbiztrends.com
- 2015 Year in Review & Trends to Watch, blog.linkedin.com
- 7 Resources You Need to Build Your 2016 Social Plan, simplymeasured.com
- Have You Seen This List of Resources for Facebook Business Users?, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Speed Up Your Social Media Content Production, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instagram Makes It Easier To Share From Boomerang, techcrunch.com
- Organic reach zero: How a Twitter timeline shift would affect brands, digiday.com
- The Truth About Social Media Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Top LinkedIn Marketing Tactics to Jumpstart Social Media Promotion in 2016, www.toprankblog.com
- Why Social Media ROI Is Illogical, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- 10 Video Marketing Lessons from the Top Brands and Creators of 2015, www.reelseo.com
- 9 Of The Best Places To Leverage Mobile Video Advertising, www.jeffbullas.com
- Google Spotlight Stories come to YouTube with interactive 360-degree storytelling, youtube-global.blogspot.com
- Periscope Updated With “Themed Hearts” for the Holidays, www.adweek.com