Marketing Day: AMP for WordPress, Google My Business & Amazon buys Whole Foods
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Setting up and testing AMP for WordPress: A quick 7-step guide
Jun 16, 2017 by Stephanie LeVonne
Looking to get started with Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)? Columnist Stephanie LeVonne has put together this handy guide for WordPress users.
- Using email to curate one-to-one relationships with customers
Jun 16, 2017 by Scott Heimes
Columnist Scott Heimes believes marketers need to choose the right marketing technology to help them leverage data that will deliver personalized experiences to customers through email.
- Dear Google: 4 suggestions for fixing your massive problem with fake reviews
Jun 16, 2017 by Joy Hawkins
Columnist and local search expert Joy Hawkins notes that unless Google My Business gets serious about addressing fake reviews, it will suffer a loss of credibility. Here are her suggestions for tackling this ongoing issue.
- Amazon buying Whole Foods for nearly $14 billion. What now?
Jun 16, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The company has an intriguing range of options now available with 400+ stores.
- Long-form video content hits milestone, makes up majority of time watched across all devices
Jun 16, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Ooyala says Q1 2017 was the first time long-form video content won the most watch-time across TVs, PCs and mobile devices.
- Lotame and Cint marry survey panel data with DMP data
Jun 16, 2017 by Barry Levine
The result is verification of inferred DMP data, enriching user profiles for more focused ad targeting and inventory marketing.
- Watson mans the first cognitive ad for cars
Jun 16, 2017 by Barry Levine
On the IBM-owned Weather.com site, the supercomputer is fielding questions about the Prius Prime like an expert.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Comprehensive Guide to Content Marketing Analytics and Metrics, MarTech Advisor
- 7 Content Marketing Must-Haves for Healthcare Marketers, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Headless, Static or Dynamic Content Delivery? Try ‘All of the Above’, CMS Wire
- How to Use Events for Evergreen Content Creation, Duct Tape Marketing
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Persuasive Sales Copy Tactics & Why They Work, Search Engine Journal
- How to Avoid 6 Common Web Design Mistakes, Search Engine Journal
- Forget emojis, you can buy Egyptian hieroglyph .com domains, Domain Incite
- US “threatens” Costa Rica over Pirate Bay domains, Domain Incite
- 5 Takeaways from E-Commerce’s Biggest Conference, MailChimp Blog
- Amazon, now a physical retailer too, is granted an anti-showrooming patent, TechCrunch
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property on Amazon: Brand Registry 2.0, Search Engine Journal
- 5 Companies That Are Winning with Social Data and Email Marketing, The Blog Herald
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Steps to Resisting Shiny-New Marketing Channel Syndrome and FOMO, MarketingProfs
- Engagement on New Marketing Channels: A Double-Edged Sword, MarTech Advisor
- How To Do Cause Marketing Right With Influencers, MediaKix
- Micro-influencers: How to find the right fit for your brand, Econsultancy
- Performance Marketing Trends: Driving Conversations in the Digital Age, MarTech Advisor
Internet Marketing Industry
- “An ad tech urban legend”: An oral history of how header bidding became digital advertising’s hottest buzzword, Digiday
- Industry Insiders Warn Of An Ad Tech Brain Drain, AdExchanger
- Study: Apple update increases app reviews by 15%, Mobile Marketer
- There are now five billion mobile subscribers in the world. Where can operators find the next billion?, Quartz
- Asia Pacific News Literacy Group identifies first round of projects to fund under Facebook Journalism Project, Facebook Media
- Facebook’s working with publishers on paid subscriptions, Digiday
- Growing Your Medical Practice, Part 1: Why Is Facebook Important to Your Practice?, Search Influence
- Hard Questions: How We Counter Terrorism, Facebook Newsroom
- How Facebook Instant Articles Can Win Back Publishers, AdExchanger
- Insta-famous: 4 quick tips on how to build your brand’s Instagram profile, MarketingSherpa Blog
- Revealed: Facebook exposed identities of moderators to suspected terrorists, The Guardian
- Using Facebook for B2B Lead Generation, AdAge
- What Social Marketers Need to Know From the 2017 Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends Report, Simply Measured
- 25 Percent of Marketers are Investing in Video Ads on Instagram and Twitter, Small Biz Trends
- Hot and Cold: Heatmaps in VR, YouTube Creator Blog
- How Video Can Compel Action for Advocacy Campaigns, Overit Blog
- Social Video Continues to Emerge as a Critical Form of Marketing Content, KoMarketing
- Why Live Events Should Be At The Center Of Your Marketing Strategy, Jeff Bullas
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech