Marketing Day: Amazon Echo, Facebook Audience Network & Instagram’s new tool
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Survey: Amazon Echo, Google Home owners are ‘very interested’ in Apple HomePod
Jun 14, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Overall, 33 percent interested in HomePod, but price identified as the most important feature among most likely buyers.
- IAB: 2017 Q1 is 7th straight with double-digit growth in US digital ad revenues
Jun 14, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Q1 digital ad revenues close in on $20 billion.
- 37% of consumers say ads placed next to offensive content impact brand perception
Jun 14, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
A new survey from The CMO Council reveals how negative ad experiences influence the way consumers think about brands.
- Why content matters (no matter what type of marketer you are)
Jun 14, 2017 by Rebecca Lieb
Columnist Rebecca Lieb outlines the reasons why content marketing is more important to brands and marketers than ever before.
- Facebook addresses Audience Network, mid-roll ad transparency problem with publisher lists
Jun 14, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will provide advertisers with lists of publishers on whose sites, apps, Instant Articles and native Facebook videos their ads may appear.
- PowerInbox launches premium email ad network
Jun 14, 2017 by Barry Levine
The network, called InboxChoice, is a higher-end version of its existing RevenueStripe offering.
- LinkedIn partners with Acxiom for brand targeting
Jun 14, 2017 by Barry Levine
Acxiom says that, as the first-party data house of many brands, it can readily optimize customer lists.
- Instagram debuts tool for celebrities, publishers to label sponsored posts, Stories
Jun 14, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Instagram creators will be able to attach “Paid partnership with” tags to their sponsored posts to keep clear of regulators.
- Google rolling out GMB simple website creator
Jun 13, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Designed for developing markets, it may become popular in the US, where large numbers of SMBs still don’t have websites.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Creating an Analytically-Minded Culture, The Direct Markting Association
Blogs & Blogging
- Blogging Stats: When and Where Bloggers Blog, MarketingProfs
- How to Repurpose Content for Your Blog and Beyond: A Plan for Creators, Social Media Examiner
- Amazon stuck a 79-foot tall Echo replica in Times Square, VentureBeat
- Facebook hires Siri natural language understanding chief from Apple, VentureBeat
- 5 Easy Steps for a Killer Content Strategy, 97th Floor
- 7 Important Content Writing Tips, Convince and Convert
- 9 Strategies for Using Customer Testimonials in Your Content, Content Marketing Institute
- How To Target Keywords In Content Marketing (Like A Pro), Ignite Visibility
- Should You use Medium for Your company’s Content?, Distilled
- The Relationship between Rhetoric and Content, CopyPressed
- What’s Your Content Differentiation Factor?, Search Engine Journal
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Developing a Data-Driven Website Redesign Strategy, UserTesting Blog
- How empathy drives amazing UX at Canadian Tire: Q&A with Steve McGuire, Associate Manager of Usability and Optimization, UserTesting Blog
- How to Add Color and Richness to Your Writing … Without Making Us Want to Barf, Copyblogger
- How to Become a Design-Led CMO, AdAge
- Hybrid Apps And React Native: A Time To Transition?, Smashing Magazine
Display & Contextual Advertising
- In battle against Amazon, high-end photography is a difference maker, Digiday
- New job post signals Amazon Go is a go, Retail Dive
- These 5 Tips Will Change the Way You Market Your Online Store, Small Biz Trends
- Using RFID for Omnichannel Fulfillment Success, Multichannel Merchant
- What to know about Prime Reload, Amazon’s latest rewards program, Digiday
- 17 WordPress Plugins for Email Marketers, AWeber Communications
- 4 Things You Should Know About Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, VerticalResponse
- 5 Tips for Building Better Loyalty Program Email Campaigns, MarketingProfs
- How to Instantly Increase Engagement in Your Emails, Constant Contact
- How to Make a Newsletter More Engaging With Two Little Words, Constant Contact Blog
- Is Content Marketing the Toughest Email List Growth Tactic?, eMarketer
- The 5 Steps You Need to Take to Create Customer-Centric Content, Movable Ink Blog
- Why is permission important in email marketing?, My Emma
General Internet Marketing
- How To Include Neuromarketing Strategies in Your Promotional Campaign, Social Media Explorer
- Invalid bot-related traffic will cost marketers $16.4 billion globally this year., The Direct Markting Association
- Measuring Brand Perception and the Effect of PR, Clutch
- The 5 Step Approach to Cross-Channel Customer Engagement, Kiss Metrics
- Why the battle against online advertising pollution is being fought by web browsers, Quartz
- Facebook teaches machines to negotiate with humans, TechCrunch
- Melding Marketing and Ad Tech a Challenge for B2C Companies, eMarketer
- Facebook’s smart assistant M now speaks Spanish in Mexico and the U.S., VentureBeat
- Google’s getting serious about building its own iPhone, The Verge
- How Brands Decipher What Local Marketing Tactics Are Working, Street Fight
- IAB: 90% of smartphone users recall mobile ads, Mobile Marketer
- Mobile Marketing Hacks On A Shoestring Budget, Search Engine People
- Snapchat quietly revealed how it can put AI on your phone, Quartz
- The Mobilus Maximus Tactic, Inflow
- 7 Examples of eCommerce Brands Rocking Social Media, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Announcing Updates to Safety Check, Facebook Newsroom
- Facebook Is Testing the Addition of Pages’ Five-Star Ratings Results to Businesses, Adweek
- Facebook: 43 million people have already posted 115 million times about E3, VentureBeat
- Here’s How Often You Should Post on Social Media, Convince and Convert
- Instagram profiles are the new homepage, The Verge
- LinkedIn Campaign Types: A Quick Rundown, 3Q Digital
- Study: Facebook Surpasses LinkedIn as Most Important B2B Social Media Platform, KoMarketing
- How Can Brands Win Dads’ Loyalty on YouTube?, Think with Google
- How Have Twitter In-Stream Video Ads Been Performing?, Adweek
- The Undeniable Power Of Video Content On Social Media, Jeff Bullas