Marketing Day: AdSense accounts, Amazon Echo & Snapchat traffic
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Amazon finally enables product orders through Echo
Jul 5, 2016 by Matt McGee
Amazon Prime members can now shop with their voice to purchase almost any Prime-eligible product using Echo.
- Machine learning for large-scale SEM accounts
Jul 5, 2016 by David Fothergill
Can machine learning be applied to your PPC accounts to make them more efficient? Columnist David Fothergill describes how he utilized machine learning to find new keywords for his campaigns.
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #19: Facebook News Feed changes, Amazon sets Prime Day & more
Jul 5, 2016 by Matt McGee
Does Facebook’s latest News Feed change mean the end of visibility for brand Pages? That topic and more are discussed in our latest weekly marketing show.
- How to maintain content marketing focus in long-running SEO programs
Jul 5, 2016 by Derek Edmond
Columnist Derek Edmond describes his company’s method for keeping SEO and content marketing teams performing at a high level for the duration of an ambitious campaign.
- Google AdSense has closed many inactive accounts on July 4th
Jul 5, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google canceled many AdSense accounts yesterday because they were inactive for a while. You must reapply if you want to continue to use AdSense, Google said.
- Royals, relevance and reach: Why both TV and the British monarchy will not only continue to survive, but thrive
Jul 5, 2016 by Merrily McGugan
TV is far from dead. But columnist Merrily McGugan explains how, thanks to the internet and streaming video, it’s continuing to evolve, which means marketers need to adapt.
- Brands, creators wrestle with sound’s role in social videos
Jul 5, 2016 by Tim Peterson
With Facebook advocating for audio-optional videos and Snapchat proving mobile viewers aren’t audio-averse, brands and creators revisit the role of sound.
- The path to programmatic peace
Jul 5, 2016 by Melody Gambino
On the heels of studies that highlight a lack of transparency in digital advertising, columnist Melody Gambino points to the way forward and how we can rebuild trust in the programmatic world.
- Scaling content marketing to a global level
Jul 5, 2016 by Rebecca Lieb
How do you create a global content marketing strategy? It’s a daunting task. But columnist Rebecca Lieb offers some tips to help you meet the needs of each region, country and locality.
- Nextiva CMO says passion, creativity & desire to learn are essential for success
Jul 5, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: Nextiva CMO Yaniv Masjedi
- Snapchat usage soars, attracting parents and weirding out teens
Jul 5, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Per comScore, Snapchat growth is increasing across the older demographic.
- Create exceptional experiences and connect with other MarTech executives this November in London
Jul 5, 2016 by Marketing Land
There’s little doubt that we stand at the dawn of marketing’s Golden Age, a time when digital customer experiences and services routinely surprise and delight. Those mastering software-powered marketing are in the vanguard of this new age. Meet them at MarTech: The Marketing Technology Conference. You’ll hear firsthand how marketing technologists, creative technologists, growth hackers, […]
- Help! I just launched a new website and my search rankings tanked!
Jul 4, 2016 by Will Scott
Inadvertently ruining your newly redesigned website’s SEO can be a nightmare. Columnist Will Scott explains four mistakes you must avoid before you launch.
- How Twitter bios can help you find your audience
Jul 4, 2016 by Chris Kerns
Columnist Chris Kerns takes a deep dive into the profile descriptions for millions of Twitter users to bring you insight into why you need to look beyond just tweets to target your audience.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 13 link opportunities to pursue now
- Do keyword rankings even matter anymore?
- Angie’s List is now free: What this change means for your business
- Juno probe reaches Jupiter today, Google posts animated Doodle
- The 10+ biggest things to happen in PPC so far in 2016
- eBay goes AMP, sign it might break out past news?
- Fourth of July Google doodle brings Old Glory’s stars to life to enjoy the holiday
- Bing’s home page gets smart with trivia, quizzes & polls
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Google twists the knife, asks for sanctions against Oracle attorney, Ars Technica
- Ask.fm changes hands once again, BBC News
- 5 Types of Stories You Can Tell About Your Business, www.blogherald.com
- 6 Surprisingly Simple Ecommerce Content Marketing Tips, www.jeffbullas.com
- 8 Companies That Get Content Marketing, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- 9 Mistakes You Might Be Making With Your Content Marketing Strategy, Content Marketing Institute
- How to Create Insanely Good Content Part 3: Understanding the Basics of Search Psychology, blogs.constantcontact.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Improving User Flow Through Page Transitions, Smashing Magazine
- Rightside (unsurprisingly) says no to Donuts, Domain Name Wire
- Sedo Weekly Transactions Total $1.6 million, The Domains
- Amazon Is Quietly Eliminating List Prices, New York Times
- Report: Back-to-school shopping sales to grow 2.6%, www.retaildive.com
- Video Drives More Ecommerce Conversions than Social Media (Infographic), Small Business Trends
- A day in the life of… an email deliverability consultant, eConsultancy
- Gmail Reverts Interactive Email Disabling Change, freshinbox.com
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 2 terrific #MarTech talks on the rise of AI in marketing, Chief Marketing Technologist Blog
- Shopware Pushes Toward Fully Open Source E-Commerce Platform, www.cmswire.com
- 10 Clever Ways to Improve Your Small Business Mobile Strategy, Small Business Trends
- Mobile Minute 12: Marrying mobile analytics and business analytics, www.tune.com
- Top 10 mobile payments activations of Q2, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Top 10 mobile video campaigns of Q2, www.mobilemarketer.com
- 9 Social Media Marketing Trends That Could Make or Break Your Business in 2017, Online Marketing Blog
- How to Choose the Best Social Network for Your Audience, simplymeasured.com
- How to Optimize Your Off-Site Presence on 8 Social Media Sites, Crazy Egg
- She’s Using Paid Pinterest to Drive Amazing Brand Results, Convince and Convert
- Twitter estimates that it has 10 million users in China, TechCrunch
- How to Create the Perfect Video Content For Your Audience, www.newswhip.com
- How to Repurpose Your Facebook Live Videos, Social Media Examiner
- Read “9 Ways to Rock YouTube Influencer Marketing Campaigns”, reelseo.com
New on MarTech