Marketing Day: Ads.txt vulnerability exposed, Facebook Pages get access to Groups, Amazon ad tips
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on February 8, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Anti-fraud tool Ads.txt looks vulnerable in botnet scam revelation
Feb 8, 2019 by Robin Kurzer
DoubleVerify identified an Ads.txt exploit that could have cost advertisers millions.
- Facebook Page owners will soon be able to participate in Groups
Feb 8, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
A number of new updates for Facebook Groups were announced at the Communities Summit event this week in Menlo Park.
- Key considerations for achieving success on Amazon
Feb 8, 2019 by Ginny Marvin
Expert tips for making the most of Amazon’s advertising offerings and factors to manage before you even get started.
- Facebook Pages will soon be able to respond to Instagram Direct messages
Feb 7, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
The new feature follows Facebook’s recent announcement that it is working to integrate Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp.
- Get more from your customer data with marketing automation
Feb 7, 2019 by Digital Marketing Depot
With so many marketing automation options available, it’s hard to know where to start – or how to disengage from your current provider. Maybe you’re unhappy with your experience using a legacy marketing automation product. Maybe your martech stack keeps getting bigger and more expensive… and your results aren’t keeping pace.
- How could Facebook’s use of blockchain affect marketing and advertising?
Feb 7, 2019 by Barry Levine
The social giant’s recent aqui-hire of a blockchain startup’s team is another demonstration of its interest in cryptocurrency, shared ledgers and smart contracts.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Verizon Media survey on 5G: Consumers expect better AR and video
Feb 8, 2019 by Barry Levine
Advertisers are anticipating new creative formats, better location-based targeting and better access to quality data.
- The MarTech Minute: Aprimo teams up with Episerver, R2.ai now available as an SaaS, more
Feb 8, 2019 by Robin Kurzer
The martech week in review: News and announcements in marketing technology this week that you might have missed.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 8 Tech Companies Doing Podcast Marketing Right, CMS Wire
- A sink-or-swim look at Instagram advertising, My Emma
- Automating Shop The Look on Pinterest, Medium
- Facebook is still trying to figure out what teens are interested in, Recode
- How Brands Are Using AI to Fight Back Against Dark Marketing, Street Fight
- How To Leverage Social Listening To Grow Your Business, Jeff Bullas
- Leveraging Email Personalization to Build Customer Connections, Multichannel Merchant
- What Are CGI Influencers? Meet Instagram’s Virtual Models, MediaKix