Marketing Day: Adobe’s New App Tool, Instagram’s 200K Advertisers & Facebook Reactions
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Adobe Launches App Creation & Management Tool For Marketers
Feb 24, 2016 by Barry Levine
Its new Experience Manager Mobile combines and expands on existing mobile tools in its Marketing Cloud, so app management is closer to website management.
- Save Our Search: 3 Reasons Not To Overreact About Losing Google Ads In The Right Rail
Feb 24, 2016 by Kevin Ryan
Keep calm and carry on with your PPC campaigns despite recent changes in the SERP layout, urges columnist Kevin Ryan.
- Content Mapping, Search Optimization And The Buyer’s Journey
Feb 24, 2016 by Jim Yu
Have you optimized your content for all stages of the buyer’s journey? Columnist Jim Yu looks at how to create the right content at the right time to drive conversions.
- Snapchat For Social Good
Feb 24, 2016 by Laurie Keith
Snapchat isn’t just for teens. Columnist Laurie Keith explains why it’s time for marketers to jump on board and deliver content in a unique way.
- What Google’s New Layout Means For Search Marketers
Feb 24, 2016 by Alistair Dent
Google recently began displaying up to four ads above organic desktop search results and removed the ads on the right-hand side. Contributor Alistair Dent discusses what this change means for your PPC and SEO campaigns.
- How Google Is Inventing A “Near Me” Future
Feb 24, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
As Google continues to invest in mobile, what does that mean for search marketers? Columnist Adam Dorfman explores how Google is paving the way for mobile location-based marketing.
- Instagram Now Has More Advertisers Than Twitter
Feb 24, 2016 by Tim Peterson
More than 200,000 brands have bought ads from Instagram, and 75% of them are outside the US.
- Let’s Talk SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics & The Cloud)
Feb 24, 2016 by Andy Lombard
If you’re not familiar with the acronym “SMAC,” maybe you should be. Columnist Andy Lombard discusses why the intersection of social, mobile, analytics and the cloud should be central to your marketing efforts.
- Data Danger: How The Wrong Campaign Metrics Can Break Your Mobile Strategy
Feb 24, 2016 by Josh Todd
Are your campaign metrics leading you astray? Columnist Josh Todd has some tips to ensure you’re using the right tools and taking control of your marketing results.
- Facebook Launches Reactions Globally
Feb 24, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook is rolling out Reactions to all users of the platform today.
- An Inside Look At The Upcoming MarTech Conference
Feb 23, 2016 by Marketing Land
We’re four weeks away from the next MarTech conference in San Francisco. If you haven’t registered yet, we are offering our low pre-conference rate discount, which is $200 off the on-site ticket price.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- How Are You Managing Social Media Risk?
- Google’s New SERP Layout: The Biggest Winners & Losers
- How To Get Started With Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- Google’s AMP Top Stories Now Live In Mobile Search Results
- Google “Send To Your Phone” Comes To Local Knowledge Graph Search Box
- Brand Bidding & PPC Optimization: Best Practices For Brand Bidding (Part 3 of 8)
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 2016 Affiliate Marketing Trends, blog.cj.com
- Big Data Shaping the Way Marketers Do Business, blogs.imediaconnection.com
- How to Supercharge Your Growth with Event Analytics, www.blastam.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Use Social Media to Market Your Blog, simplymeasured.com
- Apple’s Standoff With FBI Over iPhone Hack Threatens Brand, adage.com
- Google Fiber Is Coming to San Francisco, blogs.wsj.com
- Renewing Our Pledge To Make Europe Digital, googlepolicyeurope.blogspot.be
- 6 New Content Formats that Get Shockingly Good Results, www.blogtyrant.com
- B2B Manufacturers Stuck When It Comes to Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Create Better B2B Content, pushingsocial.com
- How to Create Relationships With Influencers, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Find the Perfect Content Curation Topics for Your Content Strategy, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Save and Use Your Content Ideas, www.copyblogger.com
- Three Stories of Empathy in Content Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- 3 Shortcuts to Double Customer Acquisition in Record Time, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Improving Mobile UX to Boost Conversions 24.5%, conversionxl.com
- Landing Pages for Lead Generation: 8 Conversion-Driving Tips, www.wordstream.com
- When It Comes To High-Performing Landing Pages, It’s Not Long Or Short. It’s This., blog.crazyegg.com
- Why are consumers not converting on mobile?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Quick Tips to Make Your Copy Shorter and Snappier, www.problogger.net
- Strategic Design – Turning Web Visitors Into Leads, www.thunderactive.com
- Ted Cruz: ICANN CEO is misleading the U.S. Senate, domainnamewire.com
- Etsy Shares Spike 13% As It Reports Strong Revenue In Fourth Quarter, techcrunch.com
- Meet America’s best digital marketers in e-commerce, www.internetretailer.com
- Nielsen readies new e-commerce measurement, www.retaildive.com
- Target is trying to be Amazon Prime, and it’s working, qz.com
- 6 Tools Local Merchants Can Use to Grow Their Email Lists, streetfightmag.com
- Productivity at your fingertips with rich text formatting and instant RSVPs, gmailblog.blogspot.com
- What You’re Doing Wrong With Email Marketing, www.cmswire.com
General Internet Marketing
- 25 Stats That Show How the Marketing Industry Is Changing, contently.com
- Does Ad Viewability Always Equal Views?, moz.com
- Five Tips for Preventing the Creative Suffocation of Your Marketing Team, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Influence Marketing Differs from Celebrity Endorsement, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Outdated Marketing Processes Threaten Revenue, Customer Engagement, adexchanger.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- DialogTech Reinvents Call Tracking with SourceTrak 3.0, www.dialogtech.com
- Index Exchange Partners With Bounce Exchange to Increase Supply, Introduce Access to New Format of Programmatic Advertising, www.marketwired.com
- inSided € 6M Series A Investment Round – Founders notes, medium.com
- Quantifind closes $30 million funding round, blog.quantifind.com
- How small businesses can benefit from marketing automation, blogs.constantcontact.com
- What do marketing technologists want? This recruiter found out., chiefmartec.com
- How Mobile Payments Reshape Lifestyles, www.wsj.com
- Live Nation Will Offer Location-Based Marketing Platform, adexchanger.com
- Tech-Savvy Brands Share 4 Vital Tips for Going All in on Wearables, www.adweek.com
- The Mobile Factor for Today’s Omni-Channel Shoppers, www.facebook.com
- Is Your Brand Trustworthy? Here’s How People Decide, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Factors That Are Brewing the Perfect Storm for Social Shopping, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Adding Sports Section to Flagship App’s Menu?, www.adweek.com
- Facebook and Amazon Seem to Be Increasingly Concerned About Your Data, www.adweek.com
- Facebook exec suggests ads are not coming to Messenger, but ‘marketing’ is, venturebeat.com
- For Influencer Marketing, Instagram Is the Place to Be, www.emarketer.com
- How to Easily Manage Multiple Twitter Accounts, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Inside Axel Springer’s answer to Facebook’s Instant Articles, digiday.com
- Instagram Ads: Low CPAs for Right Audience, www.practicalecommerce.com
- LinkedIn Problems Run Deeper Than Valuation, techcrunch.com
- LinkedIn To Debut First TV Commercial During Oscars, adage.com
- Recent Facebook And Google Changes Show How Users Hold All The Power, www.webpresence.tv
- Social Listening Can Help Brands Derive Actionable Insights, www.emarketer.com
- Why Sweden Wants You To Share Your Clothes On Instagram, www.fastcompany.com
- Do Branded Web Series Actually Work?, contently.com
- How to Identify the Right KPIs for Online Video: Lessons From Google BrandLab, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- Social Video Advertising Do’s and Don’ts (Inspired by Facebook’s Q4 Earnings), 3qdigital.com
- YouTube Goes to the Movies, adwordsagency.blogspot.com