Marketing Day: Ad testing, making Reddit safer for brands & Snapchat’s Promoted Stories
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- When SEO isn’t your SEO problem
Nov 24, 2017 by Casie Gillette
Even the greatest SEO strategy won’t succeed if you can’t implement it properly. Columnist Casie Gillette discusses common client obstacles and how to overcome them.
- Google’s all-new, quite counterintuitive guide to ad testing
Nov 24, 2017 by Matt Lawson
The days of rigid A/B testing are over. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson talks about how to test ads in the age of optimized ad rotation.
- How I raised $55 million without a pitch deck
Nov 24, 2017 by Lewis Gersh
Columnist Lewis Gersh says the best way for a startup to secure funding is to market a truly innovative idea. But how can you market to investors that your idea is outside the box when your pitch is squarely inside the box?
- Reddit is ready for advertisers, but are advertisers ready for Reddit?
Nov 24, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Reddit has been working to make its platform safer for brands, but brands don’t seem to be widely aware of that work.
- Snapchat’s new Promoted Stories format gives advertisers their own slot in the app’s Stories tab
Nov 24, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Promoted Stories combines Snapchat’s regular Stories and Snap Ads into the app’s latest version of a home page takeover.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- CMO audit series, Part 6: Analytics
Nov 24, 2017 by Scott Rayden
In Part 6 of a series, columnist Scott Rayden walks you through the top areas you should focus on in marketing analytics and how to implement them.
- How a work detox led Jones Soda CEO to a path of business enlightenment
Nov 24, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
After serving as the brand’s VP of business development, CFO and COO, Jennifer Cue took a work sabbatical in Paris before accepting the role of CEO.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Amazon With Pumpkin Pie? Holiday Shopping Starts on Your Phone After Dinner, Wall Street Journal
- Best Practices for AdWords Universal App Campaigns, PPC Hero
- Effective Ways to Gain More Instagram Followers, Compukol
- Everything You Need to Know About FMCG Brands and Holiday Content, Socialbakers
- Future of Live Video: 360 Live and Virtual Reality Live, Social Media Examiner
- Holiday Email Marketing Campaigns: Ensure Delivery & Opens, MarketingProfs
- Our Advertising Principles, Facebook Business
- The Complete Guide To Create Your Own Social Media Strategy Map, Search Engine People
- The state of digital advertising strategies, in 4 charts, Digiday
- Twitter testing a feature that shows how many are “talking about” tweets, TechCrunch
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.