Marketing Day: 2015’s Most Shared Brands, AdWords Data Points & Pinterest Narrows Ad Focus
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The Globalization Of Local Holidays: China’s Singles’ Day Catches On In US
Dec 15, 2015 by Purna Virji
Columnist Purna Virji explores how a record-breaking sales day in China impacted paid search, and what this might mean for advertisers.
- The 7 Characteristics That Can Make A Link “Bad” For SEO
Dec 15, 2015 by Jayson DeMers
Wondering about the basics of what makes for a bad link target? Contributor Jayson DeMers has you covered.
- Why We Don’t Buy: Consumer Attitudes On Shopping Cart Abandonment
Dec 15, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Most online retailers experience a high rate of cart abandonment and are searching for effective strategies to bring shoppers back without annoying them. For this paper from Bronto Software, more than 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping cart technology, expectations for marketing when they abandon a cart and more.
- Top 10 Most Shared Brands Of 2015: “Furever Friends” Video Ad Pushes Android To No. 1
Dec 15, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
With more than 6.5 million video shares, Android was the big winner on Unruly’s list of most shared brands in 2015.
- The Never-Before-Seen AdWords Data Points That Have Been Quietly Rolled Out To Your Account
Dec 15, 2015 by Susan Waldes
Columnist Susan Waldes dives into the new Report Editor in AdWords and explores the new data points available to AdWords advertisers.
- The Only Way To Be Successful At SEO: Take A Holistic Approach
Dec 15, 2015 by Tony Edward
Columnist Tony Edward discusses how his company improved its digital marketing efforts by integrating SEO, paid search, social, marketing and public relations.
- Endurance International, New Owner of Constant Contact, Launches Automated Site- And App-Building Tool
Dec 15, 2015 by Barry Levine
Called Impress.ly, the new mobile-focused and cloud-based offering boosts the web hosting firm’s portfolio of marketing services for small businesses.
- The Intersection Of Search, Social & Content Marketing In 2016
Dec 15, 2015 by Jim Yu
Columnist Jim Yu explains why successful content marketing will depend on using the right metrics to understand your target audience and developing content that resonates with them.
- AOL And Dailymotion Extend Programmatic Partnership
Dec 15, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The expanded deal gives ONE by AOL advertisers direct access to all Dailymotion Exchange inventory and targeting capabilities.
- How The Cookies Crumble In A Mobile-First World
Dec 15, 2015 by Mike Sands
Columnist Mike Sands believes if marketers want to get ahead in today’s mobile, hyperconnected world, they need to move past outdated technologies like cookies and tags.
- Pinterest Narrows Ad Focus & Support To Its Two Core Categories
Dec 15, 2015 by Greg Finn
If you aren’t in the retail or consumer goods space, you’re now in the self-serve space on Pinterest.
- When Tragic News Strikes, Should Brands Adjust Their Social Media?
Dec 15, 2015 by Patrick Armitage
How should your content team react — or not react — on social media after a tragedy? Columnist Patrick Armitage shares some insights from BlogMutt CEO Scott Yates.
- Help Wanted: We’re Hiring A Social Media Reporter
Dec 15, 2015 by Matt McGee
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position on our editorial team!
- Marketing Platform Connexity (Formerly Shopzilla) Adds Data Services Simmons Research & Hitwise To Its Platform
Dec 14, 2015 by Barry Levine
Moving beyond its former life in comparison shopping, Connexity is on a buying and integration spree to become a data-driven marketing engine.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- State Of E-Commerce Benchmark Report
- Goodbye Keyword Optimization — Welcome To The Age of Topical Optimization
- 10 Reasons Why You, The Search Marketer, Can Call Yourself A Data Scientist
- Data-Led Link Building: Audience Segmentation & Analysis
- Wanted: Session Ideas For SMX London 2016
- Is “Facebook Professional Services” Facebook’s Stealth Project To Beat Yelp?
- Google Maps Rolls Out Upgrades For iOS: Gas Prices, Busy Times, Offline Navigation
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- A treat for Android users: Now you can add GIFs to Posts, staff.tumblr.com
- How to Drive Traffic to Your Blog Posts, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How To Get Your Blog Posts Shared on Social Media, www.blogherald.com
- Apple buys former chip fab in North San Jose, www.bizjournals.com
- Microsoft forms philanthropic arm to improve access to technology, venturebeat.com
- VP Of Design At Twitter, Mike Davidson, Stepping Down In February, techcrunch.com
- Yahoo Japan offers to buy travel site Ikyu for $828 million, Reuters
- 11 Essential Ingredients Every Cornerstone Content Page Needs, www.copyblogger.com
- 5 Smart Strategies to Make Your Content Go Viral, www.jeffbullas.com
- 7 Steps to Visual Content Marketing Productivity, smallbiztrends.com
- Five Rules for Content Marketers in 2016, www.getelastic.com
- How to Test Short-Form Content Before Making Long-Form Investment, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Is There A Future For The Combo Of Content And Commerce?, adexchanger.com
- Lessons from holiday commercials on the value of re-purposing content, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- 7 Insightful Questions to Boost Your Conversions, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization in WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- The Race to Convert, www.webanalyticsworld.net
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 easy ways to improve readability in 5 minutes or less, menwithpens.ca
- A Guide to Writing About Unfamiliar Topics, www.blogherald.com
- Thoughts on IBM’s New Design Thinking Approach, www.cmswire.com
- Twitter and Justin Timberlake targeted by This.sucks, domainincite.com
- Buyer’s Remorse: How It Impacts eCommerce Customers, conversionxl.com
- Cyber Weekend Ecommerce Surge Slows Carrier Networks, multichannelmerchant.com
- Holiday Online Orders Taking Longer, www.wsj.com
- How Mondelez plans to increase its e-commerce sales tenfold by 2020, digiday.com
- Periscope for eCommerce: Ready, Set, Broadcast, www.goinflow.com
- Predicting the biggest ecommerce trends in 2016, econsultancy.com
- The Easy Guide to Holiday Marketing: Four Tips to Help Land Last-Minute Shoppers, www.searchinfluence.com
- 5 last-minute email campaign ideas for Christmas, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Building Your 2016 Email Calendar: A Planning Process for Success, thedma.org
- Don’t Underestimate the Marketing Power of Your Email Signature, www.marketingprofs.com
- Email personalization is the antidote to declining click rates, and the key to high returns, venturebeat.com
- Retailers Improve Unsubscribe Practices, Allowing Consumers to Easily Opt Out of Email, otalliance.org
General Internet Marketing
- Are Digital Media Budgets Meeting Industry Viewability Standards?, www.emarketer.com
- Is Your Marketing a Force for Good or Evil?, www.verticalresponse.com
- Why Content Strategy Isn’t Enough, moz.com
- Wrapify is an Uber for advertisers, www.businessinsider.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- AerServ Becomes the First Mobile Video Supply Side Platform (SSP) to Partner With Neustar, www.marketwired.com
- Cision Agrees to Acquire PR Newswire, www.cision.com
- PebblePost Hires Industry Veteran Elke Wong as Vice President of Customer Success, www.marketwired.com
- Rocket Fuel, Glenfiddich, and Resolute Digital Partner Announce First Programmatic TV Buy, investor.rocketfuel.com
- US Consumers Turn To Amazon And Google For Holiday Gift Ideas, www.realwire.com
- Android Pay Now Works In Mobile Apps, techcrunch.com
- Apple Continues To Showcase Its Own Apps In The App Store’s Top Charts, techcrunch.com
- Do You Know Who Your Mobile Competitors Are?, www.usertesting.com
- How Western mobile apps are making headway in China, econsultancy.com
- It’s Not Easy to Develop Mobile Apps, www.cmswire.com
- Mcommerce Revs Up During Thanksgiving Weekend, www.emarketer.com
- Rubicon Project Beta Testing Header Bidding For Mobile Apps, adexchanger.com
- How We Transformed Harvard Medical School’s Brand, simplymeasured.com
- 10 Key Social Media Trends To Watch In 2016, locowise.com
- 11 pivotal social media trends for 2016, econsultancy.com
- 4 Big Developments That Show Why Snapchat Was 2015’s Buzziest Platform, www.adweek.com
- Are You Ready to Listen Differently in Social Media?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Creating 1-day Facebook, Twitter Ad Campaigns, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Facebook is changing the way it enforces its real name policy, www.theverge.com
- Facebook, Google, Twitter agree to delete hate speech in 24 hours: Germany, www.reuters.com
- How To Use Twitter Ads For Business Advertising, www.verticalmeasures.com
- How UK publishers are using Instant Articles, digiday.com
- Marketing to Millennials and the Necessity of Social Brand Advocacy, www.adweek.com
- New Facebook Pixel: Audiences, Custom Conversions and Standard Events, www.jonloomer.com
- Social Media Editors Give 2016 Predictions, blog.newswhip.com
- Twitter brings curated tweets Moments to the U.K., its first European market, venturebeat.com
- Twitter details its home-brewed framework for simulating hardware failures, venturebeat.com
- Fan-inspired Videos are the Center of Oreo’s Holiday Campaign, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How Do Viewers in Latin America Feel About Digital Video Ads?, www.emarketer.com
- How to Track the ROI of Your Video Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Why Food Network is finally embracing social video, digiday.com
- Yahoo Video Guide Helps Users Find Content to Stream on Mobile, www.adweek.com
- YouTube 11x Bigger Than Facebook Video in U.S., www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech