Getting down to business: Our top CMO Zone columns for 2016
What are the most successful CMOs doing right? Read on for the marketing strategies that caught Marketing Land readers' attention this year.
There’s no question that chief marketing officers are increasingly accountable for proving the value of their efforts and driving ROI. That’s why many of our readers tuned into the inside tips and strategies shared by our talented CMO Zone columnists. After all, if you want to stay ahead of the curve, you can’t afford to miss what the top senior marketers in our industry are doing right.
Some of our most popular columns looked at the latest trends in digital marketing and explained how savvy marketers can evolve to get a leg up on their competitors. Others, like the Q&As in our new “Driving the Modern Marketing Organization” series from contributors Nadine Dietz and Erica Seidel, highlighted key figures in organizations that are launching bold campaigns or embracing shifts in their company culture.
For more insights and practical advice for marketing professionals, check out our top 10 CMO Zone columns in 2016:
- The comprehensive guide to video advertising in 2016 by Thomas Stern, published on 3/30/2016
Social activity: Facebook 246, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 246
- The modern-day CMO: 7 trends that will drive digital marketing success by Jim Yu, published on 2/9/2016
Social activity: Facebook 234, Google+ 91, LinkedIn 895
- The 7 habits of highly effective digital marketers: agile skill sets by Jim Yu, published on 5/31/2016
Social activity: Facebook 363, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 1123
- What every startup needs to know about marketing by Mary Wallace, published on 1/5/2016
Social activity: Facebook 622, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 860
- The evolution of digital marketing and changing customer expectations by Scott Rayden, published on 1/27/2016
Social activity: Facebook 274, Google+ 66, LinkedIn 471
- 3 digital marketing trends the customer-centric CMO must prepare for now by Mike Sands, published on 8/2/2016
Social activity: Facebook 240, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 687
- From looker to booker: How TripAdvisor’s CMO helped steer a content company into an online retailer by Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel, published on 11/17/2016
Social activity: Facebook 290, Google+ 17, LinkedIn 1144
- 11 proven digital marketing strategies you’re (still) not using by Stoney deGeyter, published on 11/18/2016
Social activity: Facebook 355, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 522
- 4 digital marketing tactics for local reach by Megan Hannay, published on 7/6/2016
Social activity: Facebook 330, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 257
- 4 marketing trends you need to follow to sell to millennials by Khalid Saleh, published on 8/22/2016
Social activity: Facebook 267, Google+ 42, LinkedIn 421
Methodology: Columns published in 2016 are ranked in order of page views measured by Google Analytics. Data includes all columns published through November 30, 2016. Social data provided by SharedCount.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.