Changes Afoot With Marketing Land & Search Engine Land Columns
I’m pleased to announce that we’ve made some changes in our columns line-up to better showcase the great work contributed by our talented columnist-practitioners. The biggest change is that we’re moving some of our columns from Search Engine Land to Marketing Land, so we want to let you know where you’ll be able to find […]
I’m pleased to announce that we’ve made some changes in our columns line-up to better showcase the great work contributed by our talented columnist-practitioners.
The biggest change is that we’re moving some of our columns from Search Engine Land to Marketing Land, so we want to let you know where you’ll be able to find these new contributors to ML and the valuable content they’re bringing to this audience.
When we launched Marketing Land, it was an acknowledgment that the world of online marketing was changing dramatically. A lot of folks who’d started out in search were now turning the expertise they’d gained to other channels, such as social or programmatic display. And, mobile was becoming a substantial and an undeniable means for customers to interact with brands. What we were covering on Search Engine Land wasn’t exactly just search marketing any more — hence the need for a new home for this broader online marketing content that Marketing Land readers have been enjoying for a while, now.
But, until the last couple of months, we still published contributed content at Search Engine Land that deserved, and appealed to, a much wider audience of online marketers. We’ve rectified that and here’s where you’ll find them now:
- If you’ve enjoyed the Search & Conversions or Search & Analytics columns on SEL, you can now find them as part of the Analytics & Marketing column here on Marketing Land.
- Search & Social has become part of our popular Social Media Marketing offering on Marketing Land.
- Fans of the SEL Mobile Search column can find this great content, and more, in the ML Mobile Marketing column.
- Search & Display readers can find those columnists here at our Display Advertising column.
- Readers of Keywords & Content and Search & Usability should turn their attention to the super-valuable Content Marketing column here.
- As we’ve made these moves to Marketing Land, we’ve also focused our efforts on Search Engine Land, folding In-House Search Marketing, Multinational Search and Enterprise SEO into All Things SEO; meanwhile Search & Retail and Enterprise SEM are now part of Paid Search.
If you haven’t checked out our columns line-up on either site, let me encourage you to do so. I think you’ll find insights you can put to work in your marketing efforts right now, as well as perspectives to inform your strategies going forward. Thanks as always to our wonderful readers and generous contributors!