AdSense Publishers Can Now Opt-Out Of Ad Format Features Like Favicons
Google announced today that AdSense publishers can opt out of many of the newer ad format features that have rolled out recently. Apparently the change comes at the request of publishers. Here is Google’s list of advanced ad format features publishers can exclude (this is also a handy summary of all the newer AdSense ad […]
Here is Google’s list of advanced ad format features publishers can exclude (this is also a handy summary of all the newer AdSense ad features):
- Similar-sized display ads: Showing smaller but higher performing display ads in larger ad units.
- Enhanced text ads: Displaying text ads with performance-enhancing features such as product images, favicons, or clickable arrow icons, etc.
- Expandable ads: Displaying rich media ads that can expand beyond the original size of the ad unit, following a user-initiated action.
- Enhanced display ads: Showing display ads with performance-enhancing features such as mouseover highlights, etc.
- Animated display ads: Showing non-static display (e.g., image) ads, such as ad creatives created using Adobe Flash or animated GIF formats.
To opt out, go to the Allow & Block Ads tab. Select “Content” in the sidebar and then click the Ad Serving tab. Then click on the block button next to the ad formats you want to exclude.
Note that opting out of an ad feature applies at the account level, so no ads with that feature will display.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.