5 Link-Building Techniques You’ve Been Neglecting
Tired of the same old link-building tactics? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya suggests some creative ideas to improve your link-building efforts.
Link building isn’t black and white, is it?
There are so many methods you could be using, but it feels like each one has been… well, overused. Frustrating, isn’t it?
However, I believe there are a lot of strategies out there that you’re not using — either because you have forgotten about them or are simply neglecting them. And they could make all the difference in your rankings.
If you want to find out the five you’ve been neglecting the most, read on…
1. IFTTT For Link Target Discovery Automation
If This Then That (IFTTT) is a beautiful platform that lets you automate a lot of your life. You can use it for social media, organizational tasks and sending those networking emails you always forget to send.
But you can also use it to automate your link-building strategies.
Now, let me be clear: This tool won’t be building the actual links for you. Instead, it helps with discovering and identifying potential link targets. Let me give you a few examples:
- As Neil Patel shows here, IFTTT can notify you whenever you get mentioned online (with or without link). This way, you can contact people and either ask for a link or ask if you can improve on the one they have.
- IFTTT can notify you of questions asked on Quora, Yahoo!, Twitter or other sites about topics in your niche, so you can provide the content to answer them.
- It can gather PR opportunities for you, from journalists or publications, so you can contact them immediately.
- It can show you when new sites are linking to your competitors so you can find out what content people are linking to most — or so you can investigate how to get a link from that same site yourself.
And, that’s just the start of it. There are hundreds of different “recipes” you can put together to optimize (and automate) part of your link-building process.